Member Support

• Advertisement

RAF needs your vote for a grant, please

Advocacy topics from around the world...

Re: RAF needs your vote for a grant, please

Unread postby CFII » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:27 pm

If you're lumping the RAF in with al those other groups I think instead you should make specific comments about the RAF as pertains to this thread. I have seen nothing but highly successful and very efficient work by them at very low cost since their beginning.
CFII
Gold Wings II Member
Gold Wings II Member

Unread postby CFII » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:40 pm

CFII wrote:If you're lumping the RAF in with al those other groups I think instead you should make specific comments about the RAF as pertains to this thread. I have seen nothing but highly successful and very efficient work by them at very low cost since their beginning, substantial airport and regulatory gains for ALL pilots including seaplane pilots.
CFII
Gold Wings II Member
Gold Wings II Member

Unread postby CFII » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:41 pm

CFII wrote:
CFII wrote:If you're lumping the RAF in with al those other groups I think instead you should make specific comments about the RAF as pertains to this thread.

I have seen nothing but highly successful and very efficient work by them at very low cost since their beginning, substantial airport and regulatory gains for ALL pilots including seaplane pilots.
CFII
Gold Wings II Member
Gold Wings II Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:00 pm

I have no issue with RAF.

My simple wish would be to remain somewhat neutral in terms of having the forum endorse any specific group.
The light-speed foundation money is guaranteed RAF's for the taking, every single time. Why not just have one contestant?

So, please allow me to promote other groups which do just as much for General Aviation and do so without the guaranteed wins and without much fanfare on dozens of forums.

Maybe its time to ask how in the world the RAF could ever become the most effective advocacy organization for seaplane pilots and general aviation at large.
You know, given the fact that there are a multitude of old iron groups out there claiming to be just that, cashing in like bandits.

If its up to me (which it isn't) we'll ask our readers and members to take a look at the Lightspeed foundation website and nominate/ vote for what they like best.

Goodness the Almighty knows we don't have that option in politics.

Just my $0.02 and in no way geared "against" RAF or the fine group of individuals running it.

Regards,
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby CFII » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:55 pm

jjbaker wrote:I have no issue with RAF.

My simple wish would be to remain somewhat neutral in terms of having the forum endorse any specific group.
The light-speed foundation money is guaranteed RAF's for the taking, every single time. Why not just have one contestant?

So, please allow me to promote other groups which do just as much for General Aviation and do so without the guaranteed wins and without much fanfare on dozens of forums.

Maybe its time to ask how in the world the RAF could ever become the most effective advocacy organization for seaplane pilots and general aviation at large.
You know, given the fact that there are a multitude of old iron groups out there claiming to be just that, cashing in like bandits.

If its up to me (which it isn't) we'll ask our readers and members to take a look at the Lightspeed foundation website and nominate/ vote for what they like best.

Goodness the Almighty knows we don't have that option in politics.

Just my $0.02 and in no way geared "against" RAF or the fine group of individuals running it.

Regards,

They RAF is not "guaranteed" to win, that's why there is a vote.

They've won in the past because of the recognition by significant numbers of pilots who see the continued efficiency of their highly succussful efforts at low cost for all of GA. (Zero $ for most pilots....)

Discourse about which candidates for the LightSpeed Grant are considered most deserving and why would be considered par for the course in typical voting, wouldn't it?
CFII
Gold Wings II Member
Gold Wings II Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:23 pm

Discourse is a beautiful thing. It shows that people think and choose.
Wanna make a bet who will win the next $10K revenue boost?
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby RKittine » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:45 pm

Jason, How many Rolling Rocks to night? Lost you in the second Paragraph. :acute:

I would agree that everyone should make up their mind and vote for the candidate of their choice. Glad to see CFII "Stumping" for the one he supports and giving information to the rest of us to help us make up our minds as who to vote for. Also understand that the Forum may not want to take sides. CFII did say please and not YOU MUST VOTE FOR.
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:15 pm

RKittine wrote:Jason, How many Rolling Rocks to night? Lost you in the second Paragraph. :acute:

Rolling Rocks are beyond this kids budget. Haha! I can roll some rocks down the hill, but that's about it.

I would agree that everyone should make up their mind and vote for the candidate of their choice. Glad to see CFII "Stumping" for the one he supports and giving information to the rest of us to help us make up our minds as who to vote for. Also understand that the Forum may not want to take sides. CFII did say please and not YOU MUST VOTE FOR.

Dave is perfectly fine stumping for the RAF. Any association or group who has him as a lifetime member and supporter can count itself lucky.
I know I do here. I was just trying to interject some other groups for balancing. Took my second paragraph away, no need to get lost. ;)
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby CFII » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:45 am

Kudos once again to Jason, for allowing free discourse on his website about a subject that is personally challenging to him, rather than resorting to censorship to suit his beliefs. That action assures my further support and membership, if I haven't overstayed my welcome.
CFII
Gold Wings II Member
Gold Wings II Member

Unread postby RKittine » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:04 am

Jason, A case of Rolling Rock is on me. Tell me how much and I will send the check (not for the operation of the site, but for your mental well being), I will even throw in some extra to cover some clams or oysters.

One thing for sure, it is nice to see a Thread get more attention then the "Test" thread. Since I have not seen any organization doing a better job, my vote went to RAF. Thanks CFII for pointing out all they do.
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:55 pm

CFII wrote:Kudos once again to Jason, for allowing free discourse on his website about a subject that is personally challenging to him, rather than resorting to censorship to suit his beliefs. That action assures my further support and membership, if I haven't overstayed my welcome.

Dave, you can't really overstay your welcome on my site. Voting isn't personally challenging to me, associations and their sometimes amazing games are. Next time they need a vote, I will still vote and promote the puppies. We can/could get into a nasty virtual fight about it and call each other names and stuff, like they do on other forums. That will create some traffic... haha! Then we suddenly stop and make further fighting dependent on donations...

:trying:

Haven't censored anyone yet, don't you know, I am basically a professional spell checker (for Bob) and youtube video embedder (for Glenn) as well as a thread re-locator for all others.
In fact, you just got me back to forum currency, when you used the "REPORT" feature. I almost keeled over, we haven't had a thread reported in... like forevah!

Every once in a while someone (lets call him Tim) will volunteer to play a little game with me and let me send him a warning, so I don't get too rusty.
Glenn hasn't called me a asshat, clown, idiot, schmuck, [censored], [censored], [censored] or anything of that nature in almost a year, so I don't even know if I still have any "getting offended!" skills.

Kudos to Dave for being a great RAF supporter!

Now go vote for those Puppies! ;) :lol:
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby CFII » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:43 pm

I'm pleased to report that once again RAF was awarded a LightSpeed grant although this time they placed 3rd and only received $6K. It's rumored many of the votes that would have once again put them in first place were channeled into the save the puppies fund....

Thanks Again to all those who voted for the RAF, the most cost effective voice we have for GA. So effective, that AOPA even donates money to them!
CFII
Gold Wings II Member
Gold Wings II Member

Unread postby RKittine » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:12 pm

I am sure your never tiring promotion helped. Well done Dave.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby CFII » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:35 pm

RKittine wrote:I am sure your never tiring promotion helped. Well done Dave.

Bob

Thanks, Bob. Just finished reading over for pages in the Recreational Aviation Foundation (RAF) newsletter about many state's activities and successful recent legislation for airstrips and pilots, very impressive.
CFII
Gold Wings II Member
Gold Wings II Member

Unread postby CFII » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:44 pm

"Once they all stop behaving like little luxury, by invitation only old boys clubs, I'll see that this forum promotes them and helps them make revenue."

The Recreational Aviation Foundation newsletter is FREE....
CFII
Gold Wings II Member
Gold Wings II Member

Previous

Return to Seaplane & General Aviation Advocacy & Regulatory Matters