Member Support

• Advertisement

Canadian Import ED03500

Advocacy topics from around the world...

Canadian Import ED03500

Unread postby 185185 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:41 pm

Hey everybody,

First off, I'm new to this forum so please let me know if this is a misplaced post. I'm in the process of having a set of EDO 3500s put on a Cessna 185 down in the states. I called up Transport Canada today and got pointed towards some TC website that doesn't seem to help. Their offices are closed for the weekend so I figured I might as well inform myself in the meantime. My question is, what kind of documentation should I expect to present to custom agents upon landing with the amphibs? Also, my main issue is I want to make sure that the US STC is valid in Canada but I can't seem to find any information on EDO3500 certification in Canada. Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks, Stew
Active Member Wings
Active Member Wings

Re: Canadian Import ED03500

Unread postby KlausNW » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:00 pm

The floats may seem like something more but they are just parts. No different then buying a set of wheels or even big tires, sometimes different people try and make a big deal out of floats. Don't make a big deal out of them and move on with the installation. The Canadians and United States have an agreement to honor each others STC and Canadian Approval so as long as the paperwork is in order (US 337 or Canadian equivalent) everything should be good.

If you need more information from the ones in the know, call Kenmore Air in Seattle. Kenmore is EDO Floats now and they fly daily scheduled flights in and out of Canada every day.

http://www.kenmoreairharbor.com/maintenance.html

The only advise I can pass on is don't ask the FAA or Canada Aviation guys for advice. :FlyingOffHorse:
Klaus Marx - Piper Pacer Pilot
Juneau, AK & Wenatchee, WA . . . . . . Click on Link Bar to view the 'non-profit' group.
Image Image
KlausNW
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Canadian Import ED03500

Unread postby gear » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:51 pm

I bought a set of Aerocets in the US, had them installed, and paid the duty at the border on my return to Canada. That was a few years ago, but all i had was my bill of sale from them i believe and then i paid the duty which from recollection was small or nothing, it was just the taxes that hurt me. (5% GST and 7% PST) Since yours are used, not sure what the taxes are. I would just call Canada customs and they'll be able to tell you what the deal is.

garth
gear
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to Seaplane & General Aviation Advocacy & Regulatory Matters