Member Support

• Advertisement
 photo NBAA-Banner_zps2dqnlcgt.jpg

ATC Privatization = Watch for impact...

Advocacy topics from around the world...

ATC Privatization = Watch for impact...

Unread postby jjbaker » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:38 pm

Trumpists must be excited and dancing in the streets. He's aming at his own electorate. Another extremely shortsighted move by Mr. Trump.

Now what!?
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Re: ATC Privatization = Watch for impact...

Unread postby RKittine » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:56 pm

Lots of things sound great during Campaign rhetoric, but turn out either not what was promised or something totally different or with much different consequences then were hoped for our promised.

I refused to debate either side on the Affordable Care Act with anyone that did not read the entire bill. Guess how many people I debated with? Those on the left, thought it was much better than it was and those on the right, thought it was much worse.

As a 68 year old on Medicare, I read the FULL republican proposed replacement bill and can tell you as much as I want to see medical insurance reform, I am TOTALLY glad that that bill got squashed but then there are those that did not read it that thought that the bills was light years ahead of the ACA.

No matter what side of the isle you are on, I suggest that people fact check most of the :stink: that is slung around lately.

Let the Arrows Fly - Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:02 pm

If you use it you should pay for it. With over 4000hrs I have only talked with ATC 4 or 5 time to get into customs coming back into the country. Never used flight follow ever. Haven't called WX brief in 20 years

Glenn
cubdriver2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:51 am

!

jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby RKittine » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:36 pm

I have no problem with paying for services that I use, but not sure how well a private company may do when they are trying to make a profit and not just provide a service.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby KlausNW » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:31 pm

I might as well throw my opinion in here.

In the early 80's the number of Americans with at least a third class medical was over 800,000. Today the number of Americans with at least a third class medical is less then 250,000 and with the new Basicmed that number will only go down.

Aviation has already failed and has become a commercial enterprise. The majority of the Private VFR Pilots will never know that ATC is privatized. It will take ten years before they will be able to charge private VFR aviation. Just not enough private aviation to justify the collection cost.

Do you think the private ATC company is going to arrest private pilots for not paying to use non-controlled airspace? Most airports that have control towers have commercial and corporate air traffic. The few private operators who insist in storing and flying in and out of the tower airspace will just have to pay the extortion.

I'm going to pick and choose what to fight for and this money grab is not going to affect me enough and the politicians will never ever stop pushing it. Ten years from now I'll be one of the last of the people they call a "Private Pilot" and I'll probably wish I fought this 'ignorance tax'.
Klaus Marx - Piper Pacer Pilot
Juneau, AK & Wenatchee, WA . . . . . . Click on Link Bar to view the 'non-profit' group.
Image Image
KlausNW
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby RKittine » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:25 am

Good points. At this point in my life I am happy to fly out of country airports and those lakes and rivers that allow seaplane operation and just enjoy a few more years of flying. It will be few and far between for those flights that I need ATC for, but will still pop over to Nantucket for Lunch or Martha's Vineyard for the weekend and will just pay the fees.

I miss my early days of Aviation, but they are gone forever.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:47 pm

Why do you need ATC to go to the Vineyard? You can go into Katama

Glenn
cubdriver2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:56 am

Up with the ladder, we're all set...
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby RKittine » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:31 am

Not in my C-340A. Nor in and out of East Hampton in anything, in season, etc. etc.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:30 pm

You guys need an attitude adjustment!
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby RKittine » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:10 pm

In the process of doing that right now. As I said, I don't mind paying for what I use, which includes web sites!

P.S. - Have not yet found that Model on Canal Street. I will look more on Monday. Have you lined up someone to wear it?

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:53 pm

Most people want websites free. Not sure if the mix of cargo and future surveillance drones and ATC in the hands of people who can't run a lemonade stand will allow for much class G airspace. The Trumpists and alternate facts people will sell it out to the lowest bidder.
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby RKittine » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:58 am

The Aeronca Association requires a $25.00 per year membership in order to post classifieds and provides a quarterly magazine, which is actually a good source of information and sponsoring vendors. I am a moderator there and the owner said that he could not get vendors to buy ads on the web site, but was very successful getting them to buy ads for the magazine.

The Aeronca Pilots Association, charges $25.00 (optional) a year, but if you donate $50.00 you are considered a paying member for 2 years and they send you a DVD with every Aeronca Drawing for all models. A real find if you are an Aeronca owner. Also has a list of all the STCs.

Accurate Shooter Limits 5 Classifieds per year to Non-Contributing Members, 10 for anyone donating $5-20, unlimited for $25.00 a year and for $50.00 a year you get some additional benefits, but are entered in a new monthly Drawing for related prices worth more than $50.00.

Again, my experience is that their are more contributors when there is a more perceived value other than just answers to questions.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby RKittine » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:09 am

It is also interesting regarding total membership on some of these sites.

Aeronca - 2,800
Aeronca Pilots - 12,000
Accurate Shooter - 36,000

Broad range.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby KeithSmith » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:09 pm

RKittine wrote:I refused to debate either side on the Affordable Care Act with anyone that did not read the entire bill.

Yes, but you could only read it because it had passed. It wasn't possible before that.

KeithSmith
Silver Wings Member
Silver Wings Member

Unread postby RKittine » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:23 am

Actually that is not exactly true. All 2,063 pages of the drafted bill were available and posted on line, the only thing that was not finalized was final edit and layout. I do however doubt that any senator or congress person read the whole bill and on read synopsis's from their aides.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby KeithSmith » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:58 am

RKittine wrote:Actually that is not exactly true.

WHAT! Nancy lied! I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling (or lying) is going on.
KeithSmith
Silver Wings Member
Silver Wings Member

Unread postby RKittine » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:11 am

Apparently the bill was knocked down yesterday. So far!
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to Seaplane & General Aviation Advocacy & Regulatory Matters