Member Support

• Advertisement

General & Business Aviation Shining Moment

Advocacy topics from around the world...

General & Business Aviation Shining Moment

Unread postby jjbaker » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:40 pm

jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Re: General & Business Aviation Shining Moment

Unread postby RKittine » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:45 am

Great job. More non-aviation people need to be exposed to things like this.
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:29 pm

Thats the goal and its been a very successful effort.

Oftentimes decision makers are terribly unaware of the public benefit general aviation and seaplanes in particular can offer. Its a way for our industry to shine and maybe people who now get medication and material help delivered by these rich snobs with their noisy flying machines will view our industry a bit different.
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby RKittine » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:47 am

We need to get those things into Non-Aviation publications where non-pilots will have a greater chance of seeing them.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:34 am

I think first of all we need to get a more dedicated pool of pilots and much better organization and communication going among the pilot population.
There are several things that stick out from my perspective:

There was/ is an outfit in Texas that organized over 500 sorties for people in need and the whole show started like Seaplaneforum.com, on a kitchen table. Guy with plane has idea to fly stuff to people in need and ends up with $3000 in funds and a plane-load full of stuff. Word spread and they rocked the boat.

Sky Terry is now searching for Seaplane Pilots & Planes for Florida. Organization is through ACA/ DART & Search & Rescue Foundation.
Most of this stuff is circulated by Email and as we know, people tend not to read actively. Sending an email is a cool thing, but if the mind of the person is empty, there isn't much chance to get something going. I see how ineffective Email is, I constantly follow up with 30+ contacts who have promised this or threatened that, but unless you ride peoples ass, you are chopped liver. On Facebook we deal with an average 2.5 seconds attention span.

The process of becoming a volunteer pilot needs to become MUCH more transparent and logical, and the information needs to be conveyed through mobile ready websites. Lots of non aviation people read Seaplanemagazine.com and our articles are shared in many emails. The main stream media is picking up on this sooner or later, right now everyone is just too busy reporting on a blonde egomaniac with a power & control complex and no brain.
:horsy: :stink

Hello,

I am working directly with the Search and Rescue Foundation who is running response to Florida's Hurricane.

Seaplane operations may start as soon as tomorrow.

If anyone is aware of seaplanes in the Florida area that could help, we would be deeply grateful.

Please have them contact me directly so they can be looped into the response.

Sky

It is really quite difficult to complain against the noise of the very machine that is about to save your ass or bring you medication.
Just talked to someone in Lübeck who said he wondered if there was a lot of complaints because of the DC3's noise levels during the 100 year show.

Remember vivid discussions with WWII survivors who loved the sound of these airplanes. They spelled life and future for many who would have died without them.
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Return to Seaplane & General Aviation Advocacy & Regulatory Matters