Member Support

• Advertisement
 photo NBAA-Banner_zps2dqnlcgt.jpg

Looking for some dual in a Maule this Winter

Teaching & Learning Techniques, Study & Practice.

Looking for some dual in a Maule this Winter

Unread postby Clearwater » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:55 pm

Hello
Planning my winter vacation and need a little help.
31 years ago I got a seaplane rating, but haven't flown floats or much else of anything since. Last winter I picked up a Maule M5-210c and found a pair of Fiberfloats. Before I put my plane on the cold lakes of Minnesota next spring, I would like to get some dual and a checkout,preferably in a Maule. I'ld appreciate it if anyone could help me out with a CFI and Maule rental connection in the south.
Thanks,
Bruce
Clearwater
Active Member Wings
Active Member Wings

Re: Looking for some dual in a Maule this Winter

Unread postby jjbaker » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:44 am

Hi Bruce,

I just got off the phone with Richard Hensch who's done Maule training for many years and enjoys an awesome reputation and he can certainly help you.
He runs Florida Seaplanes and can be reached via Email: rhensch@hotmail.com and through the phone number on his website.
Very nice guy and one of the first guys I'd call when trying to get back up to speed with floats, especially with a Maule.

Of course, our sponsor here may be able to help, but I haven't heard back from them yet. I'd suggest giving Jones Brothers Seaplanes a call.
Not sure if they have access to a Maule. You can find them here: http://www.jonesairandsea.com/index.php ... &Itemid=40

Cheers & please feel free to let both of them know that seaplaneforum.com referred you... ;)

Jason
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Return to Seaplane Training & Flight Instructor Tips