Member Support

• Advertisement

Classic short float landing in a PA-11

Teaching & Learning Techniques, Study & Practice.

Classic short float landing in a PA-11

Unread postby Float Pilot » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:51 am

I shot this video a few years ago using a pocket camera. This is Paul K pulling off a no-power landing during the end of his commercial SES check-ride.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=72 ... =2&theater

Please forgive my editorial comments, I let my mouth run in neutral while filming...

PLEASE HIT THE LIKE BUTTON ON MY FACEBOOK SITE PAGE....
Float Pilot
Silver Wings Member
Silver Wings Member

Re: Class short float landing in a PA-11

Unread postby CFII » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:40 am

I like it but, don't use Facebook.... Thanks for posting it.
CFII
Gold Wings II Member
Gold Wings II Member

Unread postby RKittine » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:27 am

Nice, Thanks for sharing. I also am not a Facebook kind of guy.
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Float Pilot » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:27 pm

Me neither but I thought I would try it as a business page since I can't seem to update my regular web site...
Float Pilot
Silver Wings Member
Silver Wings Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:18 pm

If I remember correctly, I offered you almost free help with that website stuff. Its not as hard as it looks, Alex.

I mean, look, I think I got you convinced to get a Facebook page and you've got almost as many likers in a little over a year than I got in almost 4.
I think we've got a little over 150 likers and I have had to beg, steal and borrow (as well as spend money) to get that many. We have absolutely no response to fundraisers or even obituaries on the page. For me, Facebook is nothing but a huge waste of time, none of my Facebook likers promotes the forum.

Now, look at yours. This is the right choice for your business, people like you and they like your business.

Count your blessings. 101 likers is not something to sneeze at, and you even have participants and people promoting your business.
All for nothing. Facebook will never charge you a dime (unless you get behind how they throttle your reach and exposure) and its all free advertising.

Enjoy it! :flying: :flying:
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Re: Classic short float landing in a PA-11

Unread postby Float Pilot » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:29 pm

I try to promote this web site on my Facebook page. But I tried to see if the Seaplane Forums had a facebook site as well I and did not find anything.
I only have 320k download speed on my phone lines, but the new router is helping. At least it does not disconnect every 3 minutes.
I will call you again in the next week or so and see if we can work something out.
Float Pilot
Silver Wings Member
Silver Wings Member

Re: Classic short float landing in a PA-11

Unread postby jjbaker » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:28 pm

Float Pilot wrote:I try to promote this web site on my Facebook page. But I tried to see if the Seaplane Forums had a facebook site as well I and did not find anything.
I only have 320k download speed on my phone lines, but the new router is helping. At least it does not disconnect every 3 minutes.
I will call you again in the next week or so and see if we can work something out.

http://www.facebook.com/seaplaneforum

You know that with anything over 25 likes you can select your own Facebook domain name, right?
Just like the above. You'll get a original Facebook.com/whateveryouwant!

This makes linking to it so much easier and you could print that on your business cards, too, without having hieroglyphics for a Facebook URL.
Stick with it, you're having super engagement on your FB and things are good. Your stats look awesome and people love your stuff. Get them to help you promote your FB and have them write reviews/ critiques. Nothing will boost your organic referrals faster, with better traffic.

You have my number and I look forward to speaking with you, anytime! I also just sent you a friend request. I don't use FB at all, just to keep in touch with some special people. Facebooks privacy violations have been so bad, I took all my personal stuff down and deleted almost everything/ everybody. I had "friends" who were looking for free advertising for their own businesses, all the time, watching me go broke. Big dump, down to 17 friends and reducing, still. Remember the comic with one person sitting at the funeral and the priest saying: "He had 3000 facebook friends, so I don't understand this..."

8-)
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Return to Seaplane Training & Flight Instructor Tips