Member Support

• Advertisement

WOW! SES Rating Bookings way down....

Teaching & Learning Techniques, Study & Practice.

WOW! SES Rating Bookings way down....

Unread postby Float Pilot » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:38 pm

Usually by this time of year I have several folks lining up for SES ratings during our Alaskan summer. Mostly I get folks who are doing an Alaska vacation and they obtain their rating while here...

But not this year... The local tourist bookings are way down and I only have 10% of the SES bookings I should have for this time of year... Talk about scarey...

I wonder if this is a sign that nobody has any discretionary funds left over after DC has had their way with them.... ??
Float Pilot
Silver Wings Member
Silver Wings Member

Re: WOW! SES Rating Bookings way down....

Unread postby akavidflyer » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:07 pm

I think disposable cash is way down this year... For what my health insurance went up per month I could get a new rating every few months. This alone took a BIG bite out of my play budget. Between that and people loosing jobs it looks like things will be kinda slow in the aviation field for the near future. I hope you get enough bookings to cover the cost of the plane upgrade this year!

:cheers:
Leonard Perry
Avid C Heavy Hauler
Avid Amphibian

"I would rather die trying to live, than live trying not to die"
akavidflyer
Silver Wings Member
Silver Wings Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:05 pm

Yup, agree with akavidflyer. Discretionary spending way down, people are slow to spend small amounts of money and may be shopping more for bigger ticket stuff + I think the tourism and travel industry is seeing the aftermath of greatly increased prices. People will have to think twice about AK Vacation...

We're all in the same boat, the sites funding is down by some 42% this year and everyone I speak with is expecting some doom and gloom from the next few years of community organizer having gone big boss ruling by hammer and sickle.

One thing to look at is to see how your deposit situation stacks up against the competition. You had mentioned that you were looking into changing that due to too many out of the blue cancellations last year, messing with your schedule?

Look into it, you'll never learn what makes you less competitive, how could you if those customers never call or inquire...

Hard :fishing: for :Mr.Money: these days.... :cheers:
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby KlausNW » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:03 am

Same thing down here in Southeast Panhandle of Alaska. The customer count this winter is totally embarrassing.

:rain:
Klaus Marx - Piper Pacer Pilot
Juneau, AK & Wenatchee, WA . . . . . . Click on Link Bar to view the 'non-profit' group.
Image Image
KlausNW
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to Seaplane Training & Flight Instructor Tips