Member Support

• Advertisement

Water Flying Magazine

Teaching & Learning Techniques, Study & Practice.

Water Flying Magazine

Unread postby RKittine » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:36 am

Just received my current Water Flying Magazine and in it the SPA addressed the issue regarding the controversy over the Glassy Water Flying Technique printed in the last issue. They did a good job or providing space for comments from many member / readers. There is also an insert article regarding the Sonar Altimeter now being offered for sale. Ended with a note from the original author. I think it was well done and a number of other good articles where in this issue.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Water Flying Magazine

Unread postby CFII » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:56 pm

Generally speaking I thought the rebuttal comments were OK but, the common tendency was to focus on only one action, such as looking straight down in an effort to discredit the original author, instead of combining all sources of information readily available to the seaplane pilot landing on glassy water.

Water Flying Magazine continues to be an outstanding seaplane resource publication, well worth the small membership fee in itself.

RKittine wrote:Just received my current Water Flying Magazine and in it the SPA addressed the issue regarding the controversy over the Glassy Water Flying Technique printed in the last issue. They did a good job or providing space for comments from many member / readers. There is also an insert article regarding the Sonar Altimeter now being offered for sale. Ended with a note from the original author. I think it was well done and a number of other good articles where in this issue.

Bob
CFII
Gold Wings II Member
Gold Wings II Member

Re: Water Flying Magazine

Unread postby RKittine » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:16 pm

good points and I totally agree. Jason needs to sign up the new captain also shown in this issue. Would be a great addition to the forum.
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to Seaplane Training & Flight Instructor Tips