Member Support

• Advertisement

CFI Renewal

Teaching & Learning Techniques, Study & Practice.

CFI Renewal

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Thu May 01, 2014 5:32 pm

cubdriver2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: CFI Renewal

Unread postby CFII » Fri May 02, 2014 1:02 pm

Sounds like a good approach, especially accident analysis, which any decent course or CFI will get into.

Wonder how long they can stay in the FIRC business with only a one time fee for life?
CFII
Gold Wings II Member
Gold Wings II Member

Unread postby RKittine » Fri May 02, 2014 6:28 pm

I have the "One Time Fee for Life" with American Flyers and have now used it 4 times. They do a lot of other things though like weekend seminars and high priced training. I print it out as I go ever 2 years and it makes a great reference book for students.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby widgeon5 » Sat May 03, 2014 7:24 pm

CFII wrote:Sounds like a good approach, especially accident analysis, which any decent course or CFI will get into.

Wonder how long they can stay in the FIRC business with only a one time fee for life?

I also have done 4 renewals with American Flyers. It works well. I wish Ace well in their venture, and competition is always good. However, American Flyers is a long-established company with many other programs, and they have a strong incentive not to renege on their lifetime guarantee for their FIRC. And they are unlikely to go out of business.
widgeon5
Active Member Wings
Active Member Wings

Return to Seaplane Training & Flight Instructor Tips