Member Support

• Advertisement

Arming a Seaplane in New York

Everything aviation & seaplane related as well as personal subjects...

Arming a Seaplane in New York

Unread postby RKittine » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:38 pm

Sorry, But I had to make the subject seaplane related! :dance:

Under the New York State "Safe Act" residences of the state are not allowed to have ammunition shipped to them directly, whether from other New York retailers or out of state supplies.

Governor Cuomo signed a Memorandum of Intent, pushed by the Republican's in the state house, to remove this restriction. Thanks to the efforts of patriots like Glenn and the rally's in Albany, we MAY soon be able to order ammunition on line and have it shipped to us again.

Thanks to all who have pushed for this.

So those of you that have their New York State seaplanes equipped with AR-15s and the like, may soon be able to order stocks of lower priced, harder to find ammo.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Arming a Seaplane in New York

Unread postby jjbaker » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:16 am

Cuomo is still ticking? I though GG had...

We once had an airport noise problem due to our Parachute drop planes.
Tons of complaints!

A few weeks later, someone posted the following in the newspapers classifieds:

"Looking to buy used FLAK to take care of airplane induced noise problems myself"

Nowadays you couldn't get a newspaper to print this, or you'd have the men in green and black show up...

They recently found a huge collection of WWII machines someone had stored in their basement, including a Tank and FLAK.
All disabled and approved by provincial government, but obviously in conflict with Federal Law. Everyone and their grandmother showed up to punish the owner post mortem - even our unamused Chancellor Merkel, who has a permanent NSA camera and microphone up her bum, had to make a statement. :o

Wasted money is that in order to hear her speak, you could just put a microphone on BHO's belly button.
I'll let people figure out for themselves where her head is, most of the time... :?
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby RKittine » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:12 am

In any case, if this passes, which it looks like it will, it will at least take some of the control off. I want to purchase some factory ammunition that is only carried by a handful of companies around the country. No retailer in New York carriers it and the two places that have it in stock will not go through the bother of shipping it to a New York dealer even for a fee, so I have had to have it shipped to a friend in another state and then go pick it up.

About twice a year we make a major group purchase of ammo (the supplier C&C Associates in PA has great prices, but does not have this ammo and because of the low demand does not want to bother taking the line on. We buy at least 200 cases of shotgun shells each order as well as a couple of pallets of shot, plus components, but it has to be shipped to a licensed dealer so we pay Hazmet, Freight and Dealer Transfer. And it has to go to one that has a forklift or pallet jack and a loading platform. Very limiting. If we could get direct shipments, they could be smaller and less expensive per shipment.

I am in the process of applying to get my FFL back, which is a lot harder these days then it was in 1970 when I got my first one.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:38 am

Neat! I'll have to watch what I write before you order a drone strike on me here in Germany. Little smoke puff and Baker is dust and history.
Make sure you install the huge caliber machine gun outside of the propeller arc. When your groundspeed reads -10, rest assured recoil is too strong for the plane. Select your targets carefully. I am submitting a list of coordinates for your consideration.

;-)
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Return to General Discussion