Member Support

• Advertisement

This Forum Is Not Operated/ Owned By SPA

Everything aviation & seaplane related as well as personal subjects...

This Forum Is Not Operated/ Owned By SPA

Unread postby jjbaker » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:51 am

Folks,

Just a reminder about a little mix-up which seems to exist ever since the Seaplane Pilots Association decided to rename or tab its forum to "Seaplane Forum"... I am receiving more and more registrations from frustrated SPA members looking to sign up or register on SPA's forum. Seaplaneforum.com, (traditionally referred to as Seaplane Forum), is not that site. Very unfortunate situation, but beyond my power to change.

Reminder: Your membership @ SPA is not in any way connected to this forum, you are not dealing with a SPA employee when you contact me.

Of course SPA members are very welcome to register here and are just as welcome to post on my forum -(we'd prefer active members, though) - its just not part of your SPA membership and paying SPA dues doesn't pay for this forum. I have been made aware sufficiently that "Seaplane Forum" is not a protected term to be used for seaplane related discussion boards, so please don't bark at me when you find yourself confused.

Kindly understand if I am not jumping up to help peeps figure out how to register on a forum I do not manage.

;-)

Please contact the Seaplane Pilots Association when trying to gain access to the associations forum.

Thank you!
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Re: This Forum Is Not Operated/ Owned By SPA

Unread postby RKittine » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:46 pm

Someone is reading this Jason as the Seaplane Forum tab on the Seaplane Pilots Association home page now reads SPA Forum.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:03 pm

I had emailed with Bruce Hinds on another unrelated but extremely funny "matter", who in turn forwarded it. I usually don't get responses to direct emails, Bruce and Walter are my two only open contacts within SPA. It was a WSPA Member & SPA Member who was last of four to mistake this forum for SPA's in the last few days, so Bruce was the best to ask for help.

The email from SPA just hailed in, informing me that they had changed the tab to "SPA Forum", reminding me that my forum is linked on SPA's site at no charge to me. Again, I suppose people may Google "Seaplane Forum" and then land here incidentally. Over time search engines will recognize the difference between "SPA Forum" and "Seaplane Forum" so my hope is that the matter is settled in a positive way.

:yessir:
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:36 pm

Welcome :welcome: lost SPA members who are in search of where the most active seaplane forum is. Think of it as Karma or just plain good old luck that you ended up here. Hope you jump in and tease us with your water flying stories in your neck of the woods.

Glenn
cubdriver2
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Return to General Discussion