Member Support

• Advertisement

Central Florida Members?

Everything aviation & seaplane related as well as personal subjects...

Central Florida Members?

Unread postby GaryII » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:07 pm

OK, I have been guilty of lurking long enough, time to jump in! How many members are in the Central Florida area? I have a J3 on Aqua 1500's with a C90 and am looking at trying to find a couple of places to camp for a night. Not at a campground, but something more remote where I can beach the plane, stay for a night (and preferably not be kept up all night by airboats), build a fire, pitch a tent and chill out. Airboats kind of knock out the St. Johns River, so I'm thinking just south of Lake Toho or maybe near Clermont? Any suggestions? It won't happen for a couple of more months because it is hot as all get out down here right now, but I'd like to scout out a couple of places so I have something to look forward to as summer winds down. Suggestions?
GaryII
Active Member Wings
Active Member Wings

Re: Central Florida Members?

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:39 pm

Welcome Gary :welcome:

Sounds like you need a little trip North to Greenville Me till it cools off down there

Glenn
cubdriver2
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Unread postby GaryII » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:56 pm

I have this pesky little issue to deal with for the next few years called WORK. Gotta pay for the gas and insurance:). I hope to make it up there one year, if not in my plane then by hook or crook! I am hoping to fly to the Triple Tree show in SC one year too. Anybody flown to it on straight floats?
GaryII
Active Member Wings
Active Member Wings

Unread postby RKittine » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:09 pm

Welcome Gary, Where in Florida are you located? I did my primary training, too many years ago to admit, in Melbourne.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby GaryII » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:09 pm

Thanks Bob. I am located in Windermere which is right behind Walt Disney World. I got my PPL in Vero Beach - not to far from Melbourne.
GaryII
Active Member Wings
Active Member Wings

Unread postby RKittine » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:35 pm

I will be at Disney Land on November 18th. I will be taking my grand daughter. Mickey Mouse's birthday (via the registration of his trademark) is said to be November 18th, 1948. As my birthday is November 18th, 1948, I get into the park free that day and get to ride on the Birthday float with Mickey. Have done it in the past with my Wife (ex now), My Daughter and now my Grand Daughter. A family tradition.

Maybe I will get to see you.

We used to pop down to Vero Beach to the Piper Factory when I was in flight school.

Ciao - Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby skimmerone » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:27 pm

You must have gotten to know my long time friend George Bauer on Crescent Lake. Renegade N218L. Tell him I said hello.
skimmerone
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby GaryII » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:52 pm

How fun is that! What a great tradition! We are close enough that we can watch and hear the Magic Kingdom fireworks behind the house every night. It would be great to meet up - be sure to give me a holler right before you get down and we will work that out. We are just a couple of miles North of the Magic Kingdom, mid lake on the northern shore of Lake Sawyer. If you look it up on Google maps, you can see the Cub sitting on the shoreline.
GaryII
Active Member Wings
Active Member Wings

Unread postby GaryII » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:55 pm

Yes, I have met George and Barbara at some of the splash in's. Very nice guy. He has quite the set up with a hanger he can taxi right into. I am jealous and wish mine didn't sit outside all year. Next time I see him I'll pass on your message.
GaryII
Active Member Wings
Active Member Wings

Return to General Discussion