Member Support

• Advertisement

Changes To Registration Procedures

Everything aviation & seaplane related as well as personal subjects...

Changes To Registration Procedures

Unread postby jjbaker » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:27 am

Howdy Guys,

I've gone ahead and updated our registration rules on the forum.
Too many inactive/ non-posting members stumbling upon our forum in their internet research and free information gathering.

Do Not Register If You Do Not Intend To Post

• Please be aware that your registration is subject to email verification prior to account activation.
  • Kindly note that non posting profiles are subject to deletion within 3-5 days of account activation.
  • Only supporting members may post in our public sales section.

Your verification email will look like this:

Subject: Seaplaneforum.com Verification/ Registration

This email is to verify your recent registration on Seaplaneforum.com
Our registration policy may be seen here, your timely response will activate the profile.

Seaplaneforum.com
Administrator

95% of our content is freely accessible to all, I see no reason to establish more and more profiles for people who neither wish to participate nor financially support this forum. It is completely reasonable to expect new members to skip registration unless they have specific questions or wish to participate on the forum in a timely manner.
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Re: Changes To Registration Procedures

Unread postby RKittine » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:05 am

JJ, I also saw this on GF. They can still lurk and read posts though correct? Just not reply? Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Changes To Registration Procedures

Unread postby jjbaker » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:12 am

Gliderforum.com has been converted to a private (registration required) forum and other than the FAQ and for sale section nothing is public.
New profile - 5 days inactive - gone. Try again when you're ready. My hope is that someone with a passion for Sugar Gliders will consider purchasing the domain.

Here things stay the way they are for the time being, except that I will discontinue to drag new, inactive profiles along. Readers and lurkers can still read. If and when they are ready to jump in, they may register. I sure won't have another clown tell me that I should "change the bait to catch more rats". If people saw the kind of emails I get, when reminding folks of checking in here after registering or renewing their membership, I'd get hailed with condolence cards.

I believe it is reasonable to expect someone who's just responded to a verification email to log in and post an introduction shortly after the profile is active. It is equally reasonable to expect a member who signed up here get involved with the reason and purpose of this forum. Very simple stuff. Forums don't float with people who "may learn to fly floatplanes in the future" and forums are definitely not kept alive by empty promises.

Certainly, once I start building the $15.7 million headquarters in the Bahamas things will change. Until then, we'll focus on real people.

:mrgreen:
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Return to General Discussion