Member Support

• Advertisement

The purposed new SBA head quarters

Everything aviation & seaplane related as well as personal subjects...

The purposed new SBA head quarters

Unread postby Cranberry » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:26 am

I understand stand that there's become a problem with city or county in winter haven. I've also herd that Tavares has offered a place for offices. I don't know how many of you have been to Tavares but it's incredible what city has done for sea planes. They have spend millions and docking ramps fuel tanks,the hole city has based them selfs on the claim as seaplane capital of the world. It seems to be a no brainier where it should be. Most of the must have investment has already been done. Every building has a sea plane Mural on the walls.The play ground is all sea planes.Whats going on why are we not jumping on this. Of course the next best place would be in Wisconsin or Minnesota Where all the sea planes go for the summer.
Cranberry
Active Member Wings
Active Member Wings

Re: The purposed new SBA head quarters

Unread postby RKittine » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:40 am

Welcome,

Or in the New York Adirondack Park, but it is seasonal up here and it would take not only support but a lot of money to do something like this and to some extent a lot of energy and funds are expended in trying to keep places from being shut down. I think we all agree though it would be a great thing to happen.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Cranberry » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:51 am

But Tavares is there not seasonal and the infrastructure is already there,and you have a city that would do anything for SBA.Or anything else to do with sea planes. Schooling aircraft repaire you name it they would behind it. We need to get the powers of SBA going.
Cranberry
Active Member Wings
Active Member Wings

Unread postby RKittine » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:12 am

I understand that Tavare's is not seasonal, so makes more sense there than at the seasonal places. Good luck getting anything done by the SPA. Although I am a member and just renewed, I am not real excited as to what little they actually do for the seaplane community.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:31 pm

SBA = Seaplane Business Association?

The new Taj Mahal Headquarters are necessary to keep managing the ship, which, like this site, is in a constant loss of passengers and sinking fast.
We simply have been riding a dying horse for much too long and much too hard.

After 6 years at the helm of this forum I have finally found the edge of what I am capable of and willing to do.

Rules of the Seaplane Pilots Association:

Rule # 1: NOBODY gets the "Powers of SPA" going anywhere.
Rule # 2: He or she who tries will suffer for 7 years and loose everything.
Rule # 3: We need more Captains and lots of members to fund all the different dreams.
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Return to General Discussion