Member Support

• Advertisement

Manitoba Floatplane Association

Everything aviation & seaplane related as well as personal subjects...

Manitoba Floatplane Association

Unread postby gear » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:01 pm

Hello All,

As the first President of our association, I'm pleased to announce that we now have our Mantoba Floatplane Association up and running. We officially have 22 members including 2 commercial operators and we are looking to grow. For those familiar with COPA (Canadian Owners Pilots Association) we are also COPA Flight 103.

The club is in its infancy and we will develope as time goes on. For now, our goal is to promote safe floatplane flying in Manitoba as well as advocate for our members where required and necessary. We are also wanting to keep our members up to speed on relevant issues such as invasive species, etc. We are also wanting to promote the social aspect by hosting fly ins and social events.

Anyone interested in joining can PM me for details.

Garth
gear
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Manitoba Floatplane Association

Unread postby Stevesbrother » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:17 am

Nice job Garth. Are u open too foreign support members? Will you publish happenings and progress on this site?
"Still dreaming and hoping to die young at heart with a bar room story that will close the place"
Stevesbrother
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby gear » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:46 pm

We would welcome out of province and country memberships. Having said that, I'm not sure how much you would benefit. At this point, we're still developing and I will keep the site informed of our actions. This mainly got started from an Invasive Species issue in our Province where some laws were drawn up and specifically impacted floatplanes. Of course it will be bigger than that, just not sure how much yet. Will keep the board informed.

For our opening year, we charged $75 for a membership - this was to generate some cash flow. We're hoping to lower that in coming years with increased memberships.

Garth
gear
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby RKittine » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:21 am

Congratulations and Best of Luck. Will be fun to watch your organization grow.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:47 pm

We'll open a Manitoba SPA section for you in case your members would like to promote the association.
Including Members Only section if desired. Further, I'd appreciate a URL and Logo for inclusion on Seaplaneforum.com as well as Seaplanemagazine.com

Last but not least I offer 6 Months of free Banner Ads here as well as editorial coverage on Seaplanemagazine.com to help get the show on the road.
Unfortunately my revenue from the forum has tanked and I am not able to support local dot orgs as much as I'd like to.

Good Luck!
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby gear » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:56 pm

Thx Jason for the generous offer. A Manitoba section would be nice, although at this point I'm not sure how many members are familiar with these types of forums but you never know. We are working on a logo but don't yet have a website. We have a number of items to finalize, and at this point, we're even still not 100% on the name. Once we get that stuff nailed down I'll keep the forum posted. We'll keep in touch.

Garth
gear
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to General Discussion