Member Support

• Advertisement

US / Canada Customs in the Maine / Ontario / Quebec Area

Everything aviation & seaplane related as well as personal subjects...

US / Canada Customs in the Maine / Ontario / Quebec Area

Unread postby gear » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:44 pm

Hi all,

My daughter goes to school near Halifax, Nova Scotia. I'm thinking of flying my float plane there next summer from Manitoba. After that, I'm considering heading over the the Greenville fly in. I've been looking on foreflight and don't see a lot of seaplane bases in the area.

I would appreciate suggestings on float bases equipped for customs in that area for both US and Canada. On my return leg, I'm hoping to go from Greenville to somewhere in the Ottawa / Toronto area and clear at a float base equipped for Canadian customs. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thx.

Garth
gear
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: US / Canada Customs in the Maine / Ontario / Quebec Area

Unread postby RKittine » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:39 am

Check the U.S. Customs Web Site. There is a list of Port of Entry locations. You can get customs on the water on Lake Champlain. Not sure about Seaplanes now a days, but they used to allow them. https://www.cbp.gov/contact/ports/champlain

I used to teach at Clow International Airport in Plainfield, Illinois. Only mention that since it was called INTERNATIONAL (it was a single runway, 75' x 3,000' local strip) because with 24 hours notice they would send out a customs inspector. Since these inspectors travel the area (Dupage, Aurora airports etc.) they might be willing to go to the Fox River, which has a seaplane base. Would probably be worth a call.

An E-mail or call to Twitchell's probably would proved some insight also. http://www.twitchells3b5.com/

Good luck.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to General Discussion