Member Support

• Advertisement

Oshkosh/AirVenture 2017

Everything aviation & seaplane related as well as personal subjects...

Oshkosh/AirVenture 2017

Unread postby SteveF » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:37 pm

Just wondering if anyone is planning on going out to Oshkosh/AirVenture 2017.
I'll be there Monday-Wednesday.
SteveF
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Oshkosh/AirVenture 2017

Unread postby RKittine » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:44 am

Not me - Gave that up a long time ago when it got so commercial and crowded, but I made it about a dozen times. When living in Chicago it was easier to drive too. Enjoy and post pictures when you get back.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:36 pm

Not me either. Long gone are the days of me hoping to see Oshkosh. Most of the people going frequent other forums.
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby SteveF » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:12 pm

Crowds are everywhere you go in the summer, not just Oshkosh. I hate crowds and traffic too, so I understand where you're coming from.
There is a considerable commercial element there, but there are also lots of other things to see and do. I like to see and hear the airplanes, take some workshops and FAA WINGS classes, talk with people and learn new things.
I'm just starting to get into floatplanes, and haven't ever been to that side of AirVenture, but I'm planning on stopping by there this time. Looking forward to going and making memories with my wife (it'll be her first time there), but at the same time, dreading the crowds, traffic and overpriced foods and souvenirs. Hope that makes sense.
SteveF
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby RKittine » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:29 am

You should go an experience it. I did the Indy 500, Dayton National Ham Fest, Mardi Gra and The Kentucky Derby each once. Never again. Smaller airshows and things like New Orleans for Halloween I go to most years.
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:15 am

The only reason for me to go would be for live coverage from the Seaplane area on behalf of Seaplanemagazine.com and to go shake hands with potential advertisers.

That requires funds I simply don't have at this time. Flights, hotels & transportation is a bit much. Maybe one day.
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Return to General Discussion