Member Support

Where's Walt

Everything aviation & seaplane related as well as personal subjects...

Re: Where's Walt

Unread postby jjbaker » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:38 am

Good luck!
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby RKittine » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:30 pm

I am at the point where I am losing interest.
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:34 pm

Welcome to the club.
Sad that peeps make things so complicated.
Best relocate the plane, find a new CFI and get your plane in the hands of an A&P / I-A you trust...
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby BGH » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:46 pm

Don't pick my mechanic,great work - just takes a while to get the work done.
Supposed to be doing an annual & finally(after 9 years) get the Amphibs on - possible 3 week job;was in to look at the plane after a month & at this rate could be the end of September or more before it flies again.

Daryl
BGH
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby RKittine » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:21 am

I hear you Daryl,

This has been a frustrating experience, but one I should have suspected as I have dealt with this operation since 2006. May, June and July have already been lost.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:26 pm

Buy something fun

2013 LEGEND CUB • $149,500 • PRICE REDUCED
[Check whichever website this was posted on for details, better yet, link to it. Seaplaneforum.com]
cubdriver2
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Unread postby RKittine » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:57 pm

I think Don wants to have something that will carry a little more weight. But we are going to start working on an alternative when gets back from Alaska.
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:39 pm

May I suggest a new Kodiak 100 on Aerocet 6750's or maybe a Caravan on Wipline's?

Just thinking this would look much more stylish, when docking on someones 278 foot yacht to have cocktails and a slurp of oyster?

Generally 25 hours with an insurance approved CFI.
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby RKittine » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:04 pm

We have a Caravan on Amphibs at Warwick on a regular basis as one of the guys based at Warwick is a VP of Sales for Cessna and has one as his second company car (first is a BMW) nice work if you can get it. Of course the Capitan of a 278 foot yacht gets $278,000 a season. Not bad work either.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:40 pm

RKittine wrote:I think Don wants to have something that will carry a little more weight. But we are going to start working on an alternative when gets back from Alaska.

If I were you guys and had the money ( credit ) like you guys do I'd buy a used Top Cub or Carbon Cub. You guys are old farts and don't have much time left ;-) so you need to pack as much fun as you can into the time you have left. I know, its a big investment " but " your only going to use it for a few more years and Cub Crafters planes have been going up in value 5 to 10% a year. Barrel of fun and minimum investment loss when you decide to sell it.

Glenn

PS. You can't take it with you and if you have kids they are just going to blow it and have the fun that you should have.
cubdriver2
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:16 pm

Lets keep some basic style and class. ;-)
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby RKittine » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:24 pm

The planes we are considering Glenn are all at least $150,000. So, its not about the money. I want to be able to take two people full fuel and luggage. Don has kids and a camp on Long Lake, so he needs more than two seats. Don is no where near as old as me and I realize that the number of flying years I have left are dwindling, but I have multiple interests and in addition to Flying, I shoot competitive skeet and Benchrest, scuba dive, sail and travel. My only child and my grand child are all already covered in trust funds that I set up long ago.

So, in any case, now that I can fly about anything up to 6,000 pounds and with up to 6 seats, I am happy. I have put 5 hours on my C-340A this month all by myself with no one in the right seat, about 20 on the C-172 and a few on the C-182, so I am not in flying withdrawal. And, if you think I should just sell one of these planes to cover a seaplane, all of them are on lease back and making me money, so that is not something I want to do.

I may get some water time in yet in the sedan. If not, I will give Frank Reiss a check for a block of time in one of this two amphibs.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby RKittine » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:11 pm

The latest in the Saga.

Well, it looks like I will be flying a C-172 on Amphibs for a while this year, but no Sedan. Will just have to see what the situation is when Don, the owner of the Sedan is back from Alaska around the 21st.

The latest is that I reached out this morning to see what the status was not having bugged anyone all week and was told that,

A - It was not done
B - People from the island have been telling him that I am upset with him (poor baby)
C - That I can find someone else to do my check out with.

In my opinion the reason it is not done has more to do with the above than the actual annualing of the airplane.

In any case, for those who know me, you can guess what my react was to "The Dick". He has seen me for the last time, has heard from me (directly) for the last time, has seen the last dollar that he will ever get from me and I will do everything in my power to make sure that others know, this and previous issues that have come from that person and his operation.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:38 pm

Quite a shame. You've been upset with me quite a few times and we always found a way forward. A plane should not be sitting. End of story, the rest came via PM.

The 172 on Amphibs sounds nice. Go fly and have fun!
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby RKittine » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:41 am

I will get my Splash Fix for this season in Frank's C-172XP. He is only 13 miles from where my C-172 is. So I can get there much easier than the 158 mile trip to Island Bob's from Warwick airport or over 175 miles from East Hampton. Can also sleep in my own bed every night, at least in the Manhattan one.

This afternoon, my significant other and I along with my East End Real Estate Partner and her husband are flying in the 182 to Nantucket for lunch, so still having flying fun.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Previous

Return to General Discussion