Member Support

• Advertisement

Some People Never Learn

Everything aviation & seaplane related as well as personal subjects...

Some People Never Learn

Unread postby RKittine » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:44 am

That would be me!

I got screwed by a guy on the purchase of one seaplane I owned part of, got screwed on the partnership operations of that plane by the same guy and got screwed a third time when I sold my position in the plane. Should have been three times and you are out, with that, but then:

Next plane I purchased that the same guy was involved with, I had a similar, but more costly history. Fortunately I sold before I had additional issues, although the new owner had them.

And then there is current history. Truly three times and your are out, so this last episode is the one that finally made me wake up.

Anyone that might want specifics, please E-mail me.

Best, Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Some People Never Learn

Unread postby akavidflyer » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:05 pm

well that is kind of a teaser.. ya can't toss this out without posting the rest of the story...
Leonard Perry
Avid C Heavy Hauler
Avid Amphibian

"I would rather die trying to live, than live trying not to die"
akavidflyer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby RKittine » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:50 am

Since I have already Hurt His Feelings for tell people I am unhappy with him, I was trying to not get into a lot of specifics. I will send you a PM though.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby KeithSmith » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:31 am

I'm no fan of Oprah Winfrey. In fact, if I said I want to puke every time I see her, it would be generous compared to my true feelings. However, she did say one thing with which I completely agree.

When someone shows you who they are, believe them.

When someone cheats you, don't go back and do business with them again. When someone shows you they lack ethics, never trust them. It's applicable in a myriad of situations. Maybe to use an equally true saying from the Bible at Jeremiah 13:20 "Evil, through inveterate custom, has become as immutable a thing with thee as is the Ethiopian’s skin or the leopard’s spotted hide. Scattered like the chaff that is whirled along by the desert wind, thou shalt have this for thy lot because of thy faithlessness. Shame and disgrace are the results of the lewd practices which thou hast openly carried on. Canst thou ever become clean again?" Which has been simplified into the common expression that "A leopard cannot change it's spots".

I believe President Bush said it best here:

Well, you know what he meant.

Quit going back and doing business with the same crook. Find a new crook.
KeithSmith
Silver Wings Member
Silver Wings Member

Unread postby RKittine » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:26 am

I did find a new guy to handle my Champ after bad experiences with this same guy and he turned out great, but he does not work on seaplanes. There was another complication in that the owner of the Sedan has a deal with this guy regarding the maintenance on the Sedan based on his lease back of another one of his planes to him. Then there is a lose agreement about the guys who come to the island to do annuals, not do take any business from him. So, I was kind of forced into trying him until it was too late and neither of the two that come to do annuals were available. They also only want to come for more than one plane, which I understand.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to General Discussion