Member Support

De Havilland DHC-2 Beaver 70 Years

Everything aviation & seaplane related as well as personal subjects...

De Havilland DHC-2 Beaver 70 Years

Unread postby KlausNW » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:29 pm

Seaplanemagazine.com has an article about the 70th Anniversary of the Beaver's first flight.

http://seaplanemagazine.com/2017/08/16/70th-first-flight-anniversary-for-the-dhc-2-beaver/

I don't seem to know the answer to the CAPTCHA question so I'm posting my comment here.:

You can't talk about the Immortal Beaver without linking to http://www.dhc-2.com website.

Neil Aird has voluntarily dedicated much of his life keeping track of the 1,692 Beavers. No aircraft is more appreciated then this irreplaceable workhorse. Many communities around the world still today rely on the efficiency and reliability of the DeHavilland DHC-2 Beaver.

P.S. What is the answer to: one x two= :?:
Klaus Marx - Piper Pacer Pilot
Juneau, AK & Wenatchee, WA . . . . . . Click on Link Bar to view the 'non-profit' group.
Image Image
KlausNW
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: De Havilland DHC-2 Beaver 70 Years

Unread postby KlausNW » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:32 pm

Error: You entered an incorrect CAPTCHA answer. Please go back and try again.
Juneau, AK & Wenatchee, WA . . . . . . Click on Link Bar to view the 'non-profit' group.
Image Image
KlausNW
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:17 pm

Hmmm.

1 x 2 is probably 2. Don't take my word for it.
I'll fix it. Dont want no advanced mathematics preventing you from commenting on your favorite Seaplane Website!
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby KlausNW » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:23 pm

I started with 2 then hit the back button and tried 1, 3, two and tried everything again. I even asked google for the answer.

Do you have a user ID featured that recognizes me? CAPTCHA must be set to only let regular people post?

:SPAM ALERT: :chickendance: :monkey: :elephant:
Image Image
KlausNW
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:25 pm

For a nominal fee I can set you up for a guest editor account. That also means you could share some pics and interesting stuff from the A&P world with our readers.
We love guest editorials and the readers do, too!

Hint... Hint... Hint...

Commenting comes with a CAPTCHA for us lowly editors, too. Mine asked "Six minus Three" (enter answer in digits). I tried some numbers I had calculated with my fingers, then reverted to my regular electronic calculation device before calling a friend. He told me to sing and dance my feelings and then scratch funny faces in the sand with a stick. I have no sand! I have no stick!

None of the digits I entered worked, so I logged in as an administrator and replied directly from my control panel.

:-)
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby KeithSmith » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:00 pm

jjbaker wrote:1 x 2 is probably 2. Don't take my word for it.

In one of my previous lives, I was an Operations Research type, so I can tell you that your answer to that question is incorrect. The correct answer to that and any other question asked of us was "what do you want it to be?" We could make the data support any answer that was desired.
KeithSmith
Silver Wings Member
Silver Wings Member

Unread postby BGH » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:01 pm

Not related to the above comments ,but related to the subject line of the beaver.

One of my friends started his airline career flying for Pacific Western vfr,floatplane division & one of the first aircraft he flew for them was CF-FHB which was serial number 1.That aircraft now rests in an aviation museum in Ottawa painted in Norcanair"s colors as they were the last company to operate it.
Last time Diane & I were passing through Ottawa in the 185 we spent a day at the museum & got some pictures for him - he in return pulled out his log book & showed me the entries.
Here's a picture of Diane & I in front of it.

Daryl
Attachments
P7220140.JPG
BGH
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby RKittine » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:57 am

Nice looking airplane - And couple!

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby BGH » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:32 pm

Thanks for the kind words Bob.

Daryl
BGH
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby RKittine » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:03 am

It took 14 years for my ex-wife to even get in a small plane with me. (Yes, Glenn, do ahead and comment - can't wait.) And it wasn't until I took delivery on my P-210. Different story with my current significant other of 20 years now,

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to General Discussion