Member Support

Happy Halloween

Everything aviation & seaplane related as well as personal subjects...

Happy Halloween

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:07 pm

cubdriver2
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Re: Happy Halloween

Unread postby jjbaker » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:00 am

He's a great stick!
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby RKittine » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:23 am

Yes, Happy Holiday to all. It is interesting that Europeans now celebrate Halloween. For what I gather, only started a few years back, but it was fun watching the kids in Vienna Trick or Treating though many of the older people have no clue what to do when the kids come to the door. It is also a few days earlier than our celebration date.

Off to Frankfort tomorrow. Guess I will have a Frankfurter another Treat for me! (As much as I am a "Wurst" lover, I am close to being Wurst Out having now enjoyed them in Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, the Czech Republic and tomorrow Deutschland!

Have fun eating all your candy.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby KeithSmith » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:02 am

I don't believe there is a "wurst" in that category than Jason, but fortunately, I'm only getting that information second hand.
KeithSmith
Silver Wings Member
Silver Wings Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:31 am

The Germans do a pretty lousy job at trying to duplicate American Halloween. I already shocked the neighbors offspring in the states by having a basket with Brocoli, dried fruits and small sour apples, but when and if one of our German neighbors future Hartz 4 recipients shows up here, it will probably be a drink of sugared castor oil and raw eggs.

I don't like kids a lot, but I certainly dislike begging ones who are looking for free sweet stuff. I don't share my sweet stuff!

Since they don't understand the meaning of "trick or treat" its actually the words "sweet or sour", here.
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby RKittine » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:46 am

Bah Humbug ! Interesting (Sweet and Sour that is). I enjoy seeing the kids get dressed up. My dad used to take me out when I was a kid. Certainly did not consider it Begging and never Tricked anyone that did not provide a Treat. My dad would get dressed up as well as me and he would get a shot or beer at each of our close friends houses while I would get traditional candy. We both would stagger home! :beer:

Now a days there are weird people out there putting razor blades in apples, shooting things into wrapped candy and at least in the places I have lived in the past 20 years, the roaming house to house has pretty much been replaced with Halloween parties. No begging, participate if you want and contribute if you want. Works out good, safe for the kids and less congestion around neighborhoods.

That has not only been in New York City either, Chicago, Louisiana, Tennessee and Long Island, all places I have lived in the last 20 or so years.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:53 pm

Problem is society and ambulance chasers.

I remember days when leaving your house unlocked so that the neighbor could borrow flour or milk was fine. So was sending your kids walking house to house celebrating halloween.

I also remember having to send people off property to reduce liability...

Besides, you need permits and licences to serve food and serving unhealthy food and allegenes (possibly containing traces of nuts, milk, soy or even peanuts) to children without a signed 200 question medical evaluation sheet and parents liability release, can have detrimental effects to your financial health.

:lol:
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby RKittine » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:34 pm

You are right about that. There are times that I am glad that I am as old as I am, but then again, looking back at the "good old days" is easier from the prospective of a Male, White, Christian, Heterosexual.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby KeithSmith » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:58 pm

jjbaker wrote:Since they don't understand the meaning of "trick or treat" its actually the words "sweet or sour", here.

Süß oder sauer.
KeithSmith
Silver Wings Member
Silver Wings Member

Return to General Discussion