Member Support

I know you guys hate the FAA..,

Everything aviation & seaplane related as well as personal subjects...

I know you guys hate the FAA..,

Unread postby jjbaker » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:46 pm

but...

probably one of the best Administrators we've had for the FAA just took his jacket off the clothing rack in his office, for the last time, today....

He struggled to find his way with us silly people in General and Business Aviation and no doubt, he wasn't perfect....

But........

He figured out how to deal with people!

Wonder who our fearless leader with the big hands and hyuuuuuuuuge nuclear buttons will put in his place...

I am sure, in time we will come to miss Mr. Michael Huerta....

http://seaplanemagazine.com/2018/01/06/ ... r-service/
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Re: I know you guys hate the FAA..,

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:36 am

I'm thinkin that when my buddy revamps the immigration laws you might not get back in.

Glenn
cubdriver2
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:16 am

I thinks your stable genius buddy is gonna run out of time in office before he manages to throw or keep Americans out.

:lol:

Another year or two and I might not WANT to get back in.
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby RKittine » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:50 am

A year or two more and I may look for a German residence.
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby KlausNW » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:42 pm

At the rate the world economy is growing because of the guy with the HUUge Button policies, you won't need to travel to U.S. for a high paying aviation job. Just like history has it, Europe always benefits from a strong U.S. economy.

I'm going to defend my "Twitter in Chief".... All my life "EVERYONE" has got so tired of third party information. Whoever I talked to before 2016 would tell me that the media didn't get the story right and "unless I hear straight from the "Horses Mouth" don't believe it". Well now Mr Ed is communicating straight to the public without the third party propaganda twist and you guys are freakin' out.

Why am I suppose to have more trust in a teleprompter chick with a low cut dress on the 6 o'clock news telling me about current events then the guy I 'elected' to tell me?

Do you know how broad of shoulders one must have to speak out against an anti-free speech media? Show me any other politician that comes even close to that kind of courage. Heck, the democrats bought the media and they won't even speak out unless they're bashing someone.

Just can't get over how many people finally get what they want, a leader who communicates straight to the public, then join the un-elected bias "Anchorman's" choirs. I guess the U.S. Constitution FIRST Amendment only goes one way..... sad.

By-the-way, I do understand why the media is soooo jealous of Trump. Nearly half of everything he says or prints is seen by most of the 6 billion people in the world. Any reporter that gets a million people to read or hear what they have to say is held up as a great reporter. That's got to be painful for even a president to be so well read.

Just think, over 3 billion with a "B" will know Trumps next statement within the next 48 hours... amazing.

" :elephant: "
Klaus Marx - Piper Pacer Pilot
Juneau, AK & Wenatchee, WA . . . . . . Click on Link Bar to view the 'non-profit' group.
Image Image
KlausNW
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby RKittine » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:59 pm

Since I do not want to see this forum become political as there are plenty of those type sites, I will not comment. I have been a Republican all my adult life but I can NO LONGER support this buffoon.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:39 pm

I frequently spend time watching or listening to C-SPAN while typing away at this fake story or that "bought opinion piece" because I can't stand CNN or Fox.

I think you are inflating his influence on the world economy a tiny whee bit...

We don't really have enough members left to have a balanced debate about politics, which by the way has never ever done a single good thing for this site. I realize that most aviation people, excluding the liberals at Jetcareers.com, are pretty solid Trump followers. This is primarily caused by republicans setup to enable growth and tax cuts for those who operate business aircraft, rather than restricting it. With most aviators being financially well off, the affection towards surrounding oneself with the rich and powerful people is natural behavior.

What we have accomplished is that people with no party affiliation no longer have a voice and both camps propagate a "we vs. them" attitude.

One camp preaches raw and violent rhetoric:

You're either with Trump or you are the enemy of the state, traitor or a subject worthy of ending up in a gas chamber. There is only one way and its Trumps way. Like it or leave the country.

There is the other camp that preaches raw and violent rhetoric:

You are either rejecting Trump and all he does and says, or you are a backward thinking lemming, traitor, or profit hungry human- enslaving billionaire, worthy of suffering at the cross or being burned by flames of furious progressivism.

All the Bannon, Wolff, Scarmucci, Clinton, Obama, Twitter, Kim Kong Bum, Putin, Comey and Ivanka and Mexican Border Wall crap is just a bunch of highly dramatized, subscriber- clickbaiting huge media scam and white noise that will redefine everything we know about societal challenges. He who manages to divide a unified nation will conquer it. Our nation is irreparably divided.

There is no fix to the disease of public opinion and Facebook judging. Trump has brought political debate to a part of the populace that doesn't undersand economics, has limited history knowledge or harbours a dangerously flat bias. Its basically Facebook Politics, we see today. Statements are evaluated and deemed popular or not within less than 10 seconds.

Appealing to bone-fire (enemy bones) patriots is a perfect way to bring the tidal change we thought was needed. We went from one extreme idiocy to the next and we did't stop along the way.

As an American abroad, you frequently end up being asked about your political orientation. Over here, opinions vary between disbelief and laughter, lots of sarcasm and a megaton of satire. 95% of the time I prefer to be silent on topic. Not because I occupy a hard position on the subject matter, but because I think that it makes no ounce of difference in the other persons view or preset opinion. There is no debate or argument, its just two clashing opinions with no room for change. Why waste my time and breath, trying to convince someone of a different viewpoint?

Pro or contra Trump, doesn't matter one shitty bit. You're going to defend him even if he says that America is the only truly developed nation and that everyone else on earth just crawls around. Meanwhile, if he gave every living American a million dollars for free, some on the left would manage to take it and later state they never got a dime. American politics has arrived in lala-land. Everything matters, nothing matters.

Example from real life:

It took me several years to liberate myself from trying to influence this industry and how miserably it presents itself. When I left the states in 2014, I was broke, burned out, tired, bitter, negative and pretty paranoid.

I took a ginormous step back, reorganized my life, got my feet back under me and at times caught myself no longer looking up when a plane flew overhead. For the longest time, my passion was shot to shit. I erased a whole bunch of naysaying, bitter and negative people from my life and I stopped running after people.

It was a conscientous decision to anonymously step back into the game with Seaplanemagazine.com. My goal was to try something new and fortunately I was smart enough for once to keep my involvement hidden for the first half year. Some people had hunches that the site was my doing, but they could not prove it. We would have gotten extinguished in a month, had I not done that. Yeah, right - I kept some healthy paranoia. I can afford to say no and I can afford to run against the stream. Bend to nothing and nobody, don't sell yourself.

Instead of focusing on opinions and people, I focused on news. Just the freaking news, cool videos, nice pictures, history and the things that go on beyond the borders of the United States. If its not forward thinking, positive and helpful to connecting these dots out there, I won't touch it.

The SPA, AOPA, EAA or any of the old boys soup and swamp political event clown clubs and toothless tigers matter not one bit to me personally. I don't depend on them, my money comes from my consulting business and I don't have to ask for anyones blessing to do what I do... Bring the news, let people decide what they like and support or dislike.

Before too long I was talking to almost every manufacturer and things started to look better. I would not say that I am back to the passion and interest I had before SPA sucked me into its disgusting swamp, but all the important people who decided to go these last 8 years with us, stuck around. Some ballerinas danced out of here, some stonewalled the site, some hate it or me so much that they still read every single word written here - and if they're not here, they've probably seen the magazine... some can't afford to admit that they like it.

If what we do was bad, we would not be quoted and linked in advocacy letters and in fact SPA's stoic ignorance and stonewalling shows me that I am doing everything perfectly right. It took me forever to get this. If the people who hate you the most try to pretend you're not even there, you are exactly where you need to be.

Trump should focus on getting IGNORED. That should be his ULTIMATE goal. Don't do press briefings. Go dark and cold. Produce nothing but results.

I have a different perspective on Trump and nationalistic egocentrism, because I have lived and worked in more than just one system. While I still respect the office, I find myself having a hard time to forget history and the risks of having a big mouth when surrounded and infiltrated by people who've got NOTHING to loose.

I expect the President of the United States to take on the grim challenges that lay ahead, I expect him to protect and preserve and secure the nations safety and security. But, I also expect him to take emotion and smoke out of the equation and to represent this country with dignity and pride and in a manner that fits the weight he carries on his shoulders. This ain't a TV show. The blood pouring out of our soldiers isn't Ketchup and the one single thing you don't want to do with a dictator is try to see if he's got more to loose than you. If need be, wipe this moron from planet earth, put them all back in the stoneage - but stop the mess...

You can win a popularity contest on social media and no question, you can win an election by being connected to the electorate, but I think one needs to balance and know the difference between hot air and leadership. Whats there is lots of hot air...

Currently I fail to see any significant show of leadership and I see no effort to drop the clickbait sensationalism and I fail to see him doing anything of value to get this country back on track. Its called the UNITED States of America. We never became the nation we celebrate by being resistant to reason and logical decisionmaking.

Would be glad go update you when I listen to a speech by him or see a tweet that doesn't make me feel as if I am dealing with a footstomping child with a grandiosity and stable genius complex.
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby KlausNW » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:19 pm

That's all good stuff what you wrote, but.

I want EVERY politician to do what you and I are doing.... speaking our mind. Politicians seem to have a big soapbox the year before the election. Next day, crickets.

I support and believe in people with the courage to speak their mind. Sometimes it benefits me to agree sometimes it doesn't but keep the opinions and comments coming. An idea is nothing if it's not communicated.

....or hide in the anonymous shadows and be a 'brave' lurker. I think I'll write a book about all the courageous brave anonymous lurkers throughout history and their big contributions.
:anonymous:
Juneau, AK & Wenatchee, WA . . . . . . Click on Link Bar to view the 'non-profit' group.
Image Image
KlausNW
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:26 pm

KlausNW wrote:At the rate the world economy is growing because of the guy with the HUUge Button policies, you won't need to travel to U.S. for a high paying aviation job. Just like history has it, Europe always benefits from a strong U.S. economy.

I'm going to defend my "Twitter in Chief".... All my life "EVERYONE" has got so tired of third party information. Whoever I talked to before 2016 would tell me that the media didn't get the story right and "unless I hear straight from the "Horses Mouth" don't believe it". Well now Mr Ed is communicating straight to the public without the third party propaganda twist and you guys are freakin' out.

Why am I suppose to have more trust in a teleprompter chick with a low cut dress on the 6 o'clock news telling me about current events then the guy I 'elected' to tell me?

Do you know how broad of shoulders one must have to speak out against an anti-free speech media? Show me any other politician that comes even close to that kind of courage. Heck, the democrats bought the media and they won't even speak out unless they're bashing someone.

Just can't get over how many people finally get what they want, a leader who communicates straight to the public, then join the un-elected bias "Anchorman's" choirs. I guess the U.S. Constitution FIRST Amendment only goes one way..... sad.

By-the-way, I do understand why the media is soooo jealous of Trump. Nearly half of everything he says or prints is seen by most of the 6 billion people in the world. Any reporter that gets a million people to read or hear what they have to say is held up as a great reporter. That's got to be painful for even a president to be so well read.

Just think, over 3 billion with a "B" will know Trumps next statement within the next 48 hours... amazing.

" :elephant: "

I owe you a beer my wise friend

Glenn
cubdriver2
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Unread postby KeithSmith » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:14 pm

RKittine wrote:Since I do not want to see this forum become political as there are plenty of those type sites, I will not comment. I have been a Republican all my adult life but I can NO LONGER support this buffoon.

Bob

Hey now. Jason has done a lot for aviation, so let's not be calling him names like that.
KeithSmith
Silver Wings Member
Silver Wings Member

Unread postby KeithSmith » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:18 pm

KlausNW wrote:I think I'll write a book about all the courageous brave anonymous lurkers throughout history and their big contributions.

Watch the movie "Alone in Berlin".
KeithSmith
Silver Wings Member
Silver Wings Member

Unread postby RKittine » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:02 pm

As I am sure you know, that name was not referring to our fearless SeaplaneForum.com leader.

In the late 60s I was a "Love It Or Leave It" guy. How much I have learned since then.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby KeithSmith » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:22 am

RKittine wrote:As I am sure you know, that name was not referring to our fearless SeaplaneForum.com leader.

In the late 60s I was a "Love It Or Leave It" guy. How much I have learned since then.

Bob

You'll excuse my confusion, but when you said you wouldn't comment and then launched into a name-calling rant I figured anything was possible. It's the same pattern I see from the people who claim to be the party of love and acceptance for all and then proceed to spew venomous words and demonstrate hate.
KeithSmith
Silver Wings Member
Silver Wings Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:46 am

Whats a Buffon:

Georges-Louis Leclerc, Comte de Buffon was a French naturalist, mathematician, cosmologist, and encyclopédiste.
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby RKittine » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:32 am

Buffoon - "One who tends to know something but doesn't". was not name calling, just making a statement. He thinks he knows he is the reason for no airline deaths in 2017. Hence my point. Also wasn't a rant. Just said I can no longer support him. See the operative words NO LONGER. I do support the U.S. of A. (that should get a cool response)

Cheers, Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby KlausNW » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:52 pm

RKittine wrote: I do support the U.S. of A. (that should get a cool response)

Cheers, Bob

:USA: :USA: :USA: :USA: :USA: :USA: :USA: :USA: :USA: :USA:

Quitting my aviation minimum wage career and getting a Walmart job tomorrow after having my FREE BEER .
Image Image
KlausNW
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby RKittine » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:59 pm

If I ever calculated my pay per hour over the first 30 year of my flying career, I would get sick. On average probably less than minimum wage based on time at the airport against actual billable hours and when I started I believe the Minimum Wage was $1.75 per hour.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby KlausNW » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:12 pm

I guess you guys have a point about ambition vs greed....

Obviously I would be at the big "Living Legends of Aviation Awards Ceremony" if I was greedy. That's why Jason will be there representing us.

Jason, are you taking the Kodiak on Aerocet's or the Waco Amphib this year?
Image Image
KlausNW
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby RKittine » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:36 pm

I got medically retired from my Part 121 job and out of greed decided to not go back when I got my 1st Class Medical back as I was making too much money in the private sector. For years I felt that I enjoyed aviation more not having to bank on it for my livelihood.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:15 am

Looks like Micha Huerta has had a nice golden parachute to fill up his days until retirement...

Certainly upped his measly FAA salary, dont'cha tvink?

https://www.macquarie.com/de/about/news ... or-advisor

RE: Klaus, I prefer not to disclose my personal preferrence for any particular aircraft type or float manufacturer. With my "track record with the SPA", I have to realize that I operate in very thin air in terms of such statements.
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby RKittine » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:36 am

The two biggest supplier of Sub-Gauge Tubes for Shotguns are Kolar and Briley. Actually probably the only two manufacturers now. Robert Paxton is one of the biggest sellers of high end Skeet Guns and sells both Kolar and Briley tube sets. In competition Robert shots his Kreighoff O/U with a Kolar Sub-gauge tube in one barrel and a Briley in the other in order to keep everyone happy. So, Jason, you may need to fly up in something with a different float manufacture on either side!

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to General Discussion