Member Support

New Form of Gournd Instruction

Everything aviation & seaplane related as well as personal subjects...

New Form of Gournd Instruction

Unread postby RKittine » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:49 am

A few years back I was making really good money (Up to $3,000 a day - a day or two a week during the 5 best months of the year) shooting aerial photos of Real Estate. It was good for some of my students too as I would let someone get some free flight time, while I shot stills of estates on Long Island. Soon much of the business was taken away by Boom mounted cameras and then finally by Drones. The government stepping in regarding commercial use of drones, increased safety in this neck of the woods and created some replacement added income for me. No where near as much, but being in the Real Estate business I already knew all the Photography players, all NONE of them were licensed pilots. So I took the Drone Course for Licensed Pilots, got my certificate and started giving ground instruction (for a fee of course) to other photographers that needed to be able to get the certification, but had no background in any of the regulations.

So, for some of your guys out there, this turned out to be a way for me to make some extra money on those rainy days, when flying was not in the cards. The market is limited, but there are plenty of photographers out there that would like to legally be able to use their drones commercially.

Who knows, maybe PK, will bring out a line of Drone Floats ...........

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to General Discussion