Member Support

Sentimental Journey 2015

Show Your Bird! Share your trip reports. Post Events!

Sentimental Journey 2015

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Thu May 07, 2015 1:13 pm

Sentimental Journey 2015

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's hard to believe The 30th Annual Sentimental Journey to Cub Haven in Lock Haven Pa KLHV is almost here. Cal's Party will be Mon. June 15th, approximately 1 mi. east of the airport, on the Island. S.J. begins at 9:00am on Tues, June 16th, with opening ceremonies at 10am with The Lindy Sisters singing The National Anthem & Skydive Happy Valley carrying the American Flag safely to our beautiful field of yellow. Featured planes are the E-2 & Piper J-2, with special feature being the 75th anniversary of the Piper J-5. Gary's Cub Pub opens nightly at 5pm along with the nightly corn boil featuring our .50 cents an ear! The bands play from 7pm till 10pm, opening with The Lindy Sisters on Tues. Loose Cannons will play on Wed, Chris LaRose on Thurs & The Martin Celtic Band & a Western Swing Band will be entertaining you on Fri. The awards banquet is Sat at 5pm, with Chiz Ryder on trumpet & Steve Garner on piano. We hope to see many makes & models on our field that week. Bring your lawn chair for a front row seat on flight line & enjoy the competitions or enter them yourselves! See you soon..bring sunny skies! Until then..safe & happy flying. Visit our website: http://www.sentimentaljourneyfly-in.com.

Kim
cubdriver2
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Re: Sentimental Journey 2015

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:40 pm

My house when I left on Thursday

Shooting the gap

Got to LHV during a cloud burst but got my tent up. Stopped about an hour later and a few of us ventured out to fly. Next valley over it never rained. We stopped at the Horner Farm strip, buzzed Schracks ant stopped at Sonny's. Awesome evening ridge running.

Up to the ski tow on Friday evening

Strip mine on way back

Horner Farm again

Glenn
cubdriver2
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Return to Seaplane Events, Pictures and Trip Reports/ Travel Logs