Member Support

• Advertisement

Pilot Report

Show Your Bird! Share your trip reports. Post Events!

Pilot Report

Unread postby BGH » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:25 pm

I recently renewed my membership in the bc floatplane association,the group has many flyouts each year in conjunction with their stewardship program with bc parks & each year they have an annual gathering.This year the gathering was in Nelson BC form July 17-19;their annual meeting was held Saturday morning with the what's been going on with the organization & in the afternoon the speakers included a welcome from Nelson's mayor & tourism,Nelson Pilot's Association & then presentations from casara( civil air search & rescue),canadian owners & plot's association & lastly from a biologist on the bear movements in the area around Nelson which included tips on remaining safe when camping in the backcountry.
The evening concluded with a barbeque.
Sunday the organization offered breakfast to it's members & the general public got to come onto the airfield & chat with the owners just before the flyout to Kaslo,had a few young people sit in the pilot's seat of my aircraft for pictures by their parents as well.
I am told a total of 10 straight float aircraft,18 wheel or amphibious aircft flew in for the gathering & 54 people attended the Saturday evening bbq.
I proudly wore my seaplaneforum t shirt for all to see..
If you happen to be flying by Nelson BC drop in & say hi,you can camp under the wing,or on the beach if you are on floats.

Happy Flights;

Daryl
Attachments
Nelson 3.JPG
Nelson 2.JPG
Nelson 1.JPG
BGH
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Pilot Report

Unread postby jjbaker » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:38 am

Huuuhhh! That's a sexy set of wheels and spinner combo on that first green poison!
Thanks for posting the pictures.
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby BGH » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:39 am

Cessna 180 with a p-ponk engine,the tyres are usually used on a beaver.The fellow owns langleyaero ,does work on any aircraft but loves buying wrecked 180/185's & rebuilding them.Rick Church is his name,he did the hail damage repair on my 185 a couple of years ago.

Daryl
BGH
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby skimmerone » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:03 am

And there appears to be a sexy Lake right behind it, facing the other way. Can just see the top of the engine and the tail with a wave design.
skimmerone
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby BGH » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:07 pm

Yes there was a lake buccaneer 180 I think the designator,just behind me,I counted it as one of the amphibs.

Daryl
BGH
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to Seaplane Events, Pictures and Trip Reports/ Travel Logs