Member Support

Lake Meredith, Colorado Splash-In

Show Your Bird! Share your trip reports. Post Events!

Lake Meredith, Colorado Splash-In

Unread postby KlausNW » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:24 pm

First Ever Colorado Splash-In, Lake Meredith. May 14, 2016, Time: 8 AM until 4 PM. The "First Ever Colorado Splash-In" will be at Lake Meredith (38-12-40.74N / 103-41-32.63W) near Sugar City, CO. Anticipated activities may include hot air balloons, boat/canoe rentals, and a submersion trainer for simulating water egress. Local vendors will be on hand to provide food, beverages, and local merchandise.

We anticipate between 5 - 10 seaplanes and a spectator crowd of up to 500.

Those wishing to attend, please provide the following to the event organizer (see contact info below):
1) Number of Attendees in your group
2) Arriving by Car or Aircraft.
a) If by aircraft:
i) indicate your willingness to provide rides, and/or demonstrate water operations.
ii) provide an indemnification letter or insurance company coverage letter naming the Lake Meredith Company as additional insured. Templates for the indemnification letter are available by contacting ray@soaringhawk.com.
3) If staying overnight:
a) lodging is extremely limited in the local area. Closest area with national recognized lodging (Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, Econo Lodge, ...) is La Junta (approx 25 miles).
b) Camping is available on first come first served basis.

All pilots are requested to land at LHX (La Junta Municipal Airport, 38-03-00.0000N / 103-30-35.1000W ) for an invasive species inspection (self-inspection). We must have your indemnification letter in hand prior to arrival.
Contact Ray Hawkins ray@soaringhawk.com (303) 342-1537
Klaus Marx - Piper Pacer Pilot
Juneau, AK & Wenatchee, WA . . . . . . Click on Link Bar to view the 'non-profit' group.
Image Image
KlausNW
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Lake Meredith, Colorado Splash-In

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:25 pm

Must be an Amphib flyin?

Glenn
cubdriver2
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Unread postby Stevesbrother » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:55 am

Is it legal for a government organization to ban straights
"Still dreaming and hoping to die young at heart with a bar room story that will close the place"
Stevesbrother
Silver Wings Member
Silver Wings Member

Unread postby RKittine » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:43 am

I do not see why it would not be legal to set a requirement that made it impossible for straight float equiped aircraft to be included. I guess if you could find a way to land in the grass at that airport, get jacked onto a trailer, self inspect and take off, you would be accepted. Since more and more places are banning float planes in general, I think that they are legal though not very accommodating. Unfortunately Seaplane Pilots (Or for that matter pilots in general) are not a Protected Class. :oops:

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Stevesbrother » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:50 pm

Suppose I come in from the south. Do I have to have a Zeka inspection ! Landed in Rome in March after flying from Boston where it was 20 degrees and had to have the aircraft sprayed for Zeka mosquitos. After the pax left the crew left the door had been open for about an hour?
"Still dreaming and hoping to die young at heart with a bar room story that will close the place"
Stevesbrother
Silver Wings Member
Silver Wings Member

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Sat May 07, 2016 9:15 am

Wrong thread
cubdriver2
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Return to Seaplane Events, Pictures and Trip Reports/ Travel Logs