Member Support

• Advertisement
SeaBear Aircraft

North East Spring / Summer 2017

Show Your Bird! Share your trip reports. Post Events!

Re: North East Spring / Summer 2017

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:09 pm

:popcorn: Single digits night and snow so time to pull the plug on another season. 82 hrs of fun

The 5 thousand geese I share the pond with will be glad to see me go

Glenn
cubdriver2
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Unread postby RKittine » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:04 am

A great season for you Glenn. Thanks for sharing. One good thing about the Sedan late annual is now it will still be in annual and ready to go in April when hopefully we can get it on the water next season. Looking forward to now seeing tundra tire pictures until the skis go on for the winter season.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:30 am

RKittine wrote:A great season for you Glenn. Thanks for sharing. One good thing about the Sedan late annual is now it will still be in annual and ready to go in April when hopefully we can get it on the water next season. Looking forward to now seeing tundra tire pictures until the skis go on for the winter season.

Bob

The Sedan is now on wheels

Glenn
cubdriver2
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Unread postby RKittine » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:44 pm

Do you know anyone with Sedan Time that can give me a few hours to check out? The insurance requires it, Don is so tied up and always out of town, he can not do it and Dick (he heard I was not happy with him) won't fly with me nor do I want to fly with him.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:51 pm

I've got little children seaplane expert owners who are so upset with me that they refuse to post on my forum or support it (not that I care much) but what would make two professional aviators be unable to sit down, hash it out and get their bums in the same airplane together?

One of the two of you has the coin to buy this problem out of his field of vision. I know I would do just that.
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:02 pm

jjbaker wrote:I've got little children seaplane expert owners who are so upset with me that they refuse to post on my forum or support it (not that I care much) but what would make two professional aviators be unable to sit down, hash it out and get their bums in the same airplane together?

One of the two of you has the coin to buy this problem out of the field of vision. I know I would do just that.

Jason is right, your stuck with Dick weather you like it or not. What insurance Co you have?

Glenn
cubdriver2
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:28 pm

Thats not exactly what I meant, Glenn.
If there is just one CFI on the planet, who is too childish to jump over his shadow and charge to fly with me to do a darn checkout in a plane, I would buy another plane.

Nobody is ever stuck with anyone.
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby RKittine » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:14 pm

Glenn,

I will never again do business with Dick and I believe Don is done too. We are not the only two from Island Bob's or around it, that feel this way as I am sure you know. I have already arranged for next years annual and it will not be needed until the end of November anyway as the annual JUST got finished. The insurance company will allow anyone that is current in a Sedan to check me out. Does not need to be a CFI, but it would help. There is no minimum make and model time like there was with the Chief when I first bought into that. The insurance is with Falcon.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:29 pm

If you need someone with Sedan time good luck. I've been going to Oshkosh for 25 years and only seen 3 sedans in my life. If you need a good stick CFI who can fly anything then I know someone

Glenn
cubdriver2
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Unread postby RKittine » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:17 am

Send me his contact information Glenn. Thanks

I have reached out on two Aeronca Sites and have founds some high time Sedan Pilots. I may just provide an airline ticket and travel expenses and get one out for a couple of days.

Bob

P.S. - J.J. Check your PMs
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:02 am

Saw them. Pretty tough crap.
Buried here, barely keeping up with all the typing I have to do to keep the ship floating.

Better focus on getting someone out to help you get checked our, dealing with problems like this deducts time from your life that you are not getting back.
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Previous

Return to Seaplane Events, Pictures and Trip Reports/ Travel Logs