View unanswered postsView unread postsView active topics
Switch to full style
Show Your Bird! Share your trip reports. Post Events!
Post a reply

Meeting up with Jason Maybe?

Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:03 am

J.J.,

I leave for Vienna on Sunday the 22nd and arrive on the morning of the 23rd. I will be spending time in Vienna, Prague and Budapest. Which city would be closest and easiest to get to where you are? I will see if I can get a domestic flight into and out of something convenient, so maybe we can post some lunch pictures.

On my way back on the 31st, I have a layover in Frankfurt.

Hope we can make this work.

Bob

Re: Meeting up with Jason Maybe?

Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:53 pm

All three locations are definitely out of reach at this point. All a full day's trip even with a old but nice BMW 530d.

I am 25KM West of Bremen (BRE) Airport. Chris lives in the city, too so he would probably enjoy meeting up as well.

Hamburg (HAM) is 60 miles North but the city is a clustered mess second to none. Berlin (TXL) is 4.5-5 hours East.

Flights aint cheap, believe it or not, meeting and traveling in this tiny country is quite a PITA.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:50 am

Bob, I would definitely enjoy joining in the meet-up if you are able to get anywhere near Bremen! Keep us informed about what you're able to do...

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:20 am

Let me see what kind of flight I could get into and back out of Bremen. How long would the train be for me from any of the three cities I plan to be in now?

Chris, would love to meet you too.

Drop me an E-mail at rkittine@aol.com so I have yours and include your mobile number.

Cheers, Bob

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:28 am

Trains will take anywhere from 10-15 hours.
If they run on time, connections are made and it doesn't rain or have any wind exceeding 10mph.

We had some bad weather a few weeks ago and the German Reichsbahn is still finding passengers laying around who died waiting for their trains.

:lol:

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:35 am

I just learned we are gone anyways that week.
Berlin might work, thats 2 hours south of where we will be. Or you fly to Bremen and you guys can talk about me, rather than with me.

:-(

Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:24 pm

Hi Bob,

my beautiful better half (she claims she likes me, but my coffee tastes like eyedrops) has reminded me of a trip from 26th late evening until the 31st. The week from 23-26 is free in Bremen in case you can make it.

Hope this will work, Bremen would actually work best as my old Flagship goes in for maintenance and extensive repairs while we are in the East.

Cheers,

Jason

Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:46 am

I will see what I can do. I am working on Inter-European travel plans today and tomorrow.

Bob
Post a reply