Member Support

• Advertisement
SeaBear Aircraft

Anyone Want to Buy an Airport In New York

Posting limited to Supporting Members ($25.00/Year). Personally owned items only.
Forum rules
Posting privileges limited to supporting members and industry supporters of seaplaneforum.com If you do post your email address, please be aware that you are posting to a public domain. DO NOT post on behalf of non-members. DO NOT post for sale items unless the item is owned and sold by you..

Seaplaneforum.com will not be held responsible for unsolicited emails received by you, as a result of listing here. Please - No Hotlinks. Posts without updates are pruned after 90 Days. Do not post ads from any commercial site or ebay! Seaplaneforum.com assumes NO responsibility for functionality or airworthiness nor legality of any item offered, sold, traded or exchanged. Exercise care when conducting any business. Thank You!

Anyone Want to Buy an Airport In New York

Unread postby RKittine » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:43 pm

About to list an airport for sale. Has multiple hangers, multiple multi-acre building lots, a pond, and operating shop, operating flight school etc. Also close to a seaplane base. Anyone interested? Actually one of three available.
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Anyone Want to Buy an Airport In New York

Unread postby Tim McCormack » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:48 am

RKittine wrote:About to list an airport for sale. Has multiple hangers, multiple multi-acre building lots, a pond, and operating shop, operating flight school etc. Also close to a seaplane base. Anyone interested? Actually one of three available.

Unfortunately, That's a pretty good indication of interest level anymore. :(
Tim McCormack
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Unread postby RKittine » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:11 pm

I have been contacted directly by 3 people. Need to get NDAs out tomorrow.

Moi
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Tim McCormack » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:26 pm

RKittine wrote:I have been contacted directly by 3 people. Need to get NDAs out tomorrow.

Moi

That's great. I hope someone steps up.
Tim McCormack
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Unread postby RKittine » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:29 pm

I am not real optimistic Tim, but who knows.

What caliber do you shoot for long range accuracy? I am looking for a new Bolt Action centerfire.
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:30 pm

Tim McCormack wrote:
RKittine wrote:About to list an airport for sale. Has multiple hangers, multiple multi-acre building lots, a pond, and operating shop, operating flight school etc. Also close to a seaplane base. Anyone interested? Actually one of three available.

Unfortunately, That's a pretty good indication of interest level anymore. :(

I agree, too many guys who take their floats off and forget to put them back on :cowwave:

Glenn
cubdriver2
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Unread postby Tim McCormack » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:09 pm

RKittine wrote:I am not real optimistic Tim, but who knows.

What caliber do you shoot for long range accuracy? I am looking for a new Bolt Action centerfire.

Bob, I shoot the .223 Remington for prairie dogs, which is mostly fairly long range shooting. It won't reach as far as the .22-250 Remington, but there's a lot less recoil and noise. That makes a big difference when you're shooting hundreds of rounds in a day. If you're shooting only one round occasionally, like at a coyote or something, I'd use the 22-250.

This is assuming that you're not talking about for use on bigger game. If that's the case, the most important consideration for accuracy should be how much recoil you can honestly stand. It's better to use a smaller caliber (that has enough energy to do the job) in a rifle that you can shoot without flinching, than it is to use a big caliber that kicks the hell out of you. But, be sure to carry enough gun for the game being hunted.

If you're talking about purely "accuracy" for shooting targets, there are a number of well established bench rest cartridges, like the 6mm BR, or the PPC calibers that have a good reputation for "accuracy". Usually the bullets that are used for purely "accuracy" aren't well suited for hunting, though. So, with all that said, it really boils down to "it depends". :Preaching:
Tim McCormack
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Unread postby Tim McCormack » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:15 pm

cubdriver2 wrote:I agree, too many guys who take their floats off and forget to put them back on :cowwave:

Glenn

And there are guys like me who don't forget, but just leave the wheels on because it's SOOO much more convenient. I do miss the floats though. Maybe next year. If I hadn't taken them off I wouldn't have realized how convenient the wheels are. :dingle:
Tim McCormack
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Unread postby RKittine » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:32 am

There are amphibs for your 172 ..........

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:11 pm

You need one of each

Glenn
cubdriver2
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Unread postby RKittine » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:51 pm

No argument there Glenn. When I could fly the 182 and had the partnership in that and the partnership in the Chief on straight floats, it was perfect. Now if they make the 180 HP change, I have a C-172 and a C-150 that I am in partnership with and Don will take me on as a partner in his Sedan on straight floats. If they were to allow the 6,000 pound rule, that I would be able to fly the 182 and 340A again by myself.

Did I tell you the saga of your old Champ - N38SM? Call me if not.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:50 am

Here you go Tim, biggest smile you'll ever have. Off the water in less then 100'

N509W - 2009 CARBON CUB SS • $199,500 • AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE SALE • Enjoy both Land & Sea with this low time, updated, Carbon Cub SS. Both 26" Tundra Tires and Baumann 1500 LSA Amphibious Floats included. First time offered for sale; this aircraft is low time, has no damage history.These 1500 LSA amphibious floats are in near perfect shape and have only been used in fresh water.The aircraft is currently on it’s wheel gear at the CubCrafters factory, and the listed price includes installation of the matching white amphibious floats (at the buyer’s option). Aircraft price without floats is $175,000. Located in Yakima, WA - $199,500 - FULL DETAILS HERE • FULL DETAILS ON OUR WEBSITE • Contact Brad Damm - CUBCRAFTERS, Broker - located Yakima, WA USA • Telephone: 509.248.9491 • Fax: 509.248.1421 • Posted October 7, 2014 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad • View Larger Pictures

Glenn
cubdriver2
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Unread postby Tim McCormack » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:17 pm

cubdriver2 wrote:Here you go Tim, biggest smile you'll ever have. Off the water in less then 100'

N509W - 2009 CARBON CUB SS • $199,500 • AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE SALE • Enjoy both Land & Sea with this low time, updated, Carbon Cub SS. Both 26" Tundra Tires and Baumann 1500 LSA Amphibious Floats included. First time offered for sale; this aircraft is low time, has no damage history.These 1500 LSA amphibious floats are in near perfect shape and have only been used in fresh water.The aircraft is currently on it’s wheel gear at the CubCrafters factory, and the listed price includes installation of the matching white amphibious floats (at the buyer’s option). Aircraft price without floats is $175,000. Located in Yakima, WA - $199,500 - FULL DETAILS HERE • FULL DETAILS ON OUR WEBSITE • Contact Brad Damm - CUBCRAFTERS, Broker - located Yakima, WA USA • Telephone: 509.248.9491 • Fax: 509.248.1421 • Posted October 7, 2014 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad • View Larger Pictures

Glenn

INCREDIBLE!!! :Mr.Money:
Tim McCormack
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Unread postby RKittine » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:57 am

And all for just $199,000 - Used and Broken in for you too.

Tim,

I am not adverse to recoil, but do not want to shoot a 7mm Rem Mag anymore. Had one in Ackley Improved that would hold under 3"s at 1,000 yards on a cold, no wind day. Of course it was in the unlimited class Bench Rest and took two guys to lift it! :beer:

I stopped hunting in the 70s. So my rifle shooting will be mainly for competition against myself. That being said, I expect I might get the bug so I am doing this the right way.

I have a new Remington 700 VLS Heavy Barrel Varminter in .22-250. I am about to start working up loads for it. The rifle will be going to Jeff Hankins to have the action trued and bedded, the barrel floated, and a new Timney Trigger. I have a Leupold 4x12 VX-III Scope on it. Should do me well to 300 yards. I have 50, 75, 100, 200 and 300 yard ranges at my two home clubs.

I liked the Stainless Steel Barreled Action Heavy Barrel Varminter with the Thumbhole Laminated Stock, but Remington no longer offers it as a production rifle. I am trying to find out if I can get an order into the Custom Shop for a 40XB Rangemaster, Thumbhole. I would prefer it in 6mm BR though I am not sure from the web site if it is available in the caliber any more or not. That would be more accurate than the .25-06 and have better barrel life than the .25-06 or the .243. The other alternative is a .260 Remington. In any case, this will not qualify in the Factory BR or F Classes coming from the custom shop, but will in Light BR and "F" Class though not F T/R. The BR would be OK for the 600 yard event and the 300 meter.

I am having Clarence Hammonds build me a 1,000 yard cross over rifle. S/S Action and Barrel, though I have not picked the action or the barrel yet. 6.5x47 Lapua with a 30" Barrel. As I think I will settle on 130 gr. Berger Competition Pills, that will pretty much determine the twist. Jewel 2 oz trigger.

Fitted Laminated Stock and a Nightforce Competition 56mm Scope probably in 10-46X Power will top it off. I am on the list for an SEB Neo Rest, but there is a two year wait for it, so for now it will be a Grizzly Sling Shot Rest.

For those cold winter nights it will be pistol and rim fire in our indoor range.

Still shooting Skeet and some occasional trap, bunker, 5 stand and sporting clays in the day time. Since I can't fly now, I need to keep busy.

Hope to catch you in Florida this year. Are you considering taking the 172 down for the winter? I will tie you up with a friend of mine down there who is in the process of buying a new plane, so maybe you guys can do some flying together.

Cheers, Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Tim McCormack » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:41 am

As we've noted before, Bob, when you get into something, you go full bore. :D

I don't take the 172 down to Florida. I probably should sometime, though. I have lots of "free" time down there when all my toys are up here in New York.
Tim McCormack
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Unread postby CFII » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:37 am

I'll take one of those airports in WA State please.
As for long range sporting rifles, it's hard to beat the .300 WinMag but, the recoil during repetitive shots makes that .23-250 Remington sound real good.
CFII
Gold Wings II Member
Gold Wings II Member

Unread postby CFII » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:38 am

CFII wrote:I'll take one of those airports in WA State please.
As for long range sporting rifles, it's hard to beat the .300 WinMag but, the recoil during repetitive shots makes that .22-250 Remington sound real good.
CFII
Gold Wings II Member
Gold Wings II Member

Unread postby RKittine » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:07 am

Most of these little airports are not advertised well. So look around and you just might be able to find one.

The 300 Win Mag is a great long range cartridge. Though I have never owned on in that caliber, I did have a 7mm Rem Mag, Ackley Improved that would hold 3" at 1,000 yards. My .22-250 with a little work on the action and stock, should be able to hold sub 1/2 MOA out to about 300 yards with hand loads. Right now I am having a 6.5x47 Lapua Light Bench Rest Class Rifle built, which will have good barrel life and reasonable recoil in a 1,000 yard competition rifle. Since there is factor brass available, no need to fireform cases. There is a range near the airport in Orange County where I have a hanger, so I can shoot and stop in and see the boys and get a little flight time in with someone else as legal PIC for the time being.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby RKittine » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:17 am

Argyle Airport in Argyle, New York, about 6 DME from Island Bob's is officially listed for sale on MLS. $1,395,000 including:
The Acreage (Approximately 37)
5-7 Building lots that would allow a substantial house and hanger with direct access to the runway.
Operating shop with equipment, spare parts and paint room
6 hangers of varing size
2,300+ foot grass runway with all the maintenance equipment.
Stand along airport / flight school office with 1/2 bath.
Fuel Farm
One full size residence.

Full Specs and Brochure available.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby RKittine » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:23 pm

Major Price Reduction - Price has been dropped to $895,000.00. And while this is a $500,000 price reduction, there has been a brand new gang hanger built as well as the addition of a new $10,000 tractor to the property management equipment list.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:31 pm

If he threw the house in it might be in the right price range.

Glenn
cubdriver2
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Unread postby RKittine » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:20 pm

The house and his gang hanger ARE included. This is the correct price for this place now.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:40 pm

Harris airport in Ft Ann is for sale just up the road from Argyle, you could do a 2 for 1 sale

Glenn
cubdriver2
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Unread postby RKittine » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:55 pm

I am trying to bundle 3 other airports Glenn. But it is hard enough to get one sold.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to For Sale & Want To Buy