Member Support

• Advertisement
 photo NBAA-Banner_zps2dqnlcgt.jpg

Introduce Yourself !

Waterflying People - Introduce Yourself!

Re: Introduce Yourself !

Unread postby 46cubby » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:37 pm

Name is Warren, I own a 1946 J3C-65 with C-85-8f . Live in Peters Creek AK. I could coast downhill to Birchwood from my house. I ended up with a ton of parts for my plane and a beautiful set of EDO 1400 rigged for the J3 not mine. I would love to learn more about mounting them to the non S J3C. Already had aileron cables changed and the IA used Stainless. He says whenever he changes he always goes to SS floats or not.. I hope to learn a lot from this site thanks Jason for getting back to me I know you were burning the midnight oil !!
46cubby
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:14 am

:welcome:
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby Scott Sicheneder » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:32 pm

Hello everybody. I'm fairly new to the seaplane world but have been flying landplanes for about 15 years and I fly for a living. I own a 172XP which I bought a couple years back. It was a landplane when I bought it and I had it converted to a seaplane just last winter and put it on Wipline 2350 straight floats. Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota at the Surfside Seaplane Base, we have about a 6-8 month seaplane flying window so I am on wheels at the moment. I'm hoping to learn about and share new seaplane destinations around the Midwest, and learn something new about seaplane flying in general.

Cheers!

Scott
Scott Sicheneder
Active Member Wings
Active Member Wings

Unread postby RKittine » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:35 am

Welcome Scott, Nice to have you here. Post some pictures when you get a chance.

Cheers, Bob

:cheers:
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Bill Rusk » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:54 am

Welcome aboard Scott. You are at a great base and in a great part of the country for floatplanes. Congrats and enjoy.

I agree, pictures.

Bill
Very Blessed.
Bill Rusk
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Scott Sicheneder » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:57 pm

IMG_2853.JPG
IMG_0125.JPG
IMG_0041.JPG
20582231812_c04f093b89_k.jpg

Here it is, thanks for the interest!
Scott Sicheneder
Active Member Wings
Active Member Wings

Unread postby RKittine » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:30 pm

Very nice - Thanks for posting.
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Bill Rusk » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:37 pm

Sweet!!!

Looks like fun. Thanks.

Bill
Very Blessed.
Bill Rusk
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby gdflys » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:20 am

Hi all. My name is Greg Delp. Just added my water wings after my Dad bought an Aventura II to get back into flying after a long lapse. I've done all sorts of flying and this segment is one of the more entertaining ones. Lots to learn still and I'm looking forward to exploring the North East for great spots to play on the water. Once I get my Dad flying again and hopefully the Pilot's Bill Of Rights II gets passed we could upgrade to something a little more versatile like a Maule or Husky on Amphibs/Skis/Wheels. Did my training down in FL where he bought the plane and flew it up to CT.

ImageUntitled by gdflys1gregflys, on Flickr

ImageUntitled by gdflys1gregflys, on Flickr

I would love to meet up and fly with other Seaplanes and find all the good spots. We are based at N41 in CT and have been flying on Candlewood, Lilinonah, Bantom lakes and the Hudson River. I look forward to meeting others in the area.
gdflys
Active Member Wings
Active Member Wings

Unread postby jjbaker » Sun May 01, 2016 3:57 pm

Greg

Thanks for joining and sorry for the complications with getting your first post approved. We really need some moderators here.
Hope you find some peeps to play seaplane flying with. Not many of the people posting here these days.

Welcome again to the site.
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby RKittine » Sun May 01, 2016 6:06 pm

Welcome Greg :welcome:

Sure is colorful. Bet you are easy to see in the air.

You should come up to "Island Bob's". August Field in the Fort Edward, Gansevoort section of the Hudson, about 6 south of Glens Falls.

Speculator Fly In and the Kline Kill breakfast is coming up.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby gdflys » Tue May 03, 2016 3:28 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys. Bob you are correct the colors make it very easy to spot in the air which is a good and bad thing. Everyone always knows when we are flying but at least we should avoid midairs.

My daughter put together this video after her first flight in a seaplane. I'm sure there will be many more to come. She's working on her Media Arts Degree so I get to help her practice by giving her projects.

gdflys
Active Member Wings
Active Member Wings

Unread postby RKittine » Tue May 03, 2016 5:35 pm

Great job. Look forward to seeing her in the credits on a new film someday. Us New Yorkers sit in the theater to view all the credits right down through the Best Boy and Catering Driver! :lol: (Ops, I guess that should be changed to "Best Person")

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby TriPacer » Wed May 04, 2016 1:10 pm

Welcome Scott! I'm also at Surfside - one of the guys that owns the Force (78424). See you around this summer!

Scott Sicheneder wrote:Hello everybody. I'm fairly new to the seaplane world but have been flying landplanes for about 15 years and I fly for a living. I own a 172XP which I bought a couple years back. It was a landplane when I bought it and I had it converted to a seaplane just last winter and put it on Wipline 2350 straight floats. Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota at the Surfside Seaplane Base, we have about a 6-8 month seaplane flying window so I am on wheels at the moment. I'm hoping to learn about and share new seaplane destinations around the Midwest, and learn something new about seaplane flying in general.
TriPacer
Owner Of The Force
From Minnesota, where men strangle bears and children fly helicopters!
TriPacer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Wed May 18, 2016 11:24 pm

Any relation to Delps runway on the west side of the Hudson?

Glenn
cubdriver2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby gdflys » Sat May 28, 2016 9:37 pm

cubdriver2 wrote:Any relation to Delps runway on the west side of the Hudson?

Glenn

Possibly some distant relative. I wish it was my airport :cheers:
gdflys
Active Member Wings
Active Member Wings

Unread postby RSalar » Tue May 31, 2016 11:20 am

Nice job with the video
RSalar
Active Member Wings
Active Member Wings

Unread postby Glastar » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:43 pm

Hi guys-
I'm Jim Merrill, I live in eastern Virginia and currently own and fly a Piper Colt. Nope, not a float plane in fact I've never been in a float plane! I hope to remedy this eventually, after finishing the Glastar I have been building forever. ( Here comes the crazy part) Not long ago I was able to buy a set of Czech Aircraft Works 2200 amphib floats for what I hope was a good price. They were mounted on an unfinished Glastar that the owner was parting out (lost medical) so I have all the rigging for my plane. I will post questions in the apprpriate places- unfortunately, I can't contribute much due to my lack of experience with water flying.
Any comments or suggestions are welcome, just be nice- I have a low threshold for jerks! :D . By the way, this forum has the best selection of smilies I have ever seen, I wish I could use them on my Iphone!
Jim Merrill
Glastar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby KlausNW » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:40 am

Welcome to the water world and all your new adventures.

:welcome: :welcome:
Klaus Marx - Piper Pacer Pilot
Juneau, AK & Wenatchee, WA . . . . . . Click on Link Bar to view the 'non-profit' group.
Image Image
KlausNW
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby RKittine » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:34 am

Welcome Jim :welcome: You'll find plenty of knowledgeable people here ready to help you. As you get more experience you can help others that start in too. Post some pictures of your project.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby mhoeltken » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:36 pm

Hi folks,

I am sorry that it took me a while to get a couple of minutes for my introduction. My name is Malte, I am living in Aachen and Rheine in Germany and float-rated since Summer last year. I am an aeronautical engineer daytime and "moonlighting" as an instructor for PPL, night flying (yes, it's a separate thing in Europe), taildraggers and aero towing in our local aero club. I started flying gliders at an age of 13 back in 1995. Last year, during my floatplane training in a C172P on amphibious floats, I "stumbled" over a Lake Buccaneer which I then bought. The previous owner had flown it for pollution control and sight seeing in Germany, and I am very happy that he agreed to give a thorough differences training to me any my family. I am fortunate to have a flying wife and my parents do fly, too, and both are examiners for PPL and glider licenses.

I now have around 17 hours in my Lake, 3 of which were with water contact. Other than that I have the necessary 9 hours on the 172 on floats, so I am new to flying seaplanes and there is a lot to learn, although my bachelor and master thesis are about seaplanes.

Cheers,
Malte
mhoeltken
Active Member Wings
Active Member Wings

Unread postby SteveF » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:45 am

Hello all, I'm Steve. I'm a former US Army LRS Paratrooper, currently a US Army airframe mechanic in Michigan. Instrument Rated Commercial ASEL/AMEL, currently working on CFI (again). Started flying back in 1990, stopped in 1992 while working on my CFI, because life happened. Bought a 172 back in 2004 to try to get back in the saddle, but ended up selling it in 2006 because wife kept complaining I was spending more time in the airplane and at the hangar than I spent with her. This is my third attempt at trying to get something going.
Planning to get a tailwheel endorsement this Spring or Summer, probably get ASES this fall. Would like to fly floatplanes (especially DHC-2) for a living someplace beautiful, so I'll probably be looking to buy something relatively inexpensive to build time in, then sell it.
Also planning to build a Bearhawk and put it on floats. Not going to sell that one.
SteveF
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby RKittine » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:17 pm

Welcome Steve, Nice to have you as part of the group. Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby SteveF » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:09 pm

RKittine wrote:Welcome Steve, Nice to have you as part of the group. Bob

Thank you! :-)
SteveF
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:33 pm

Malte and Steve sorry I missed this earlier.

Glenn
cubdriver2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Previous

Return to Seaplane Pilots Welcome & Introductions + NOTAM's