Member Support

• Advertisement

McDowell Starters to Be Available Again

Technical Questions, Know How, Equipment, Tools......

McDowell Starters to Be Available Again

Unread postby RKittine » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:21 am

If you have a small "-8) Continental motor and are looking for a way to install a starter, the McDowell was one of the original OEM designs, which have been tough to find. Many may know of Don Jones, a Part 121 Driver here in the U.S. who also lives in Guam and has a company there making seat cushions, reproduction plaquards, brake parts etc. He and Collie Pitts have teamed up, have acquired the rights and will be producing McDowell Starters for the 65, 75, 78 and 90 Continentals, regular or tapered shaft. They will be listed in the near future on sBay and currently have 12-14 sets in production. Don Jones can be contacted via DonJones@guam.net

Over the years I have purchased many items from Don and since the mail from Guam goes Airmail to the U.S., I have ordered and received things sent regular mail and at regular mail costs faster then domestic items.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: McDowell Starters to Be Available Again

Unread postby KlausNW » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:38 pm

I have a friend that will be very interested in new parts. We had to remove the McDowell starer because it was worn out and the used ones we bought off the internet weren't much better.
Klaus Marx - Piper Pacer Pilot
Juneau, AK & Wenatchee, WA . . . . . . Click on Link Bar to view the 'non-profit' group.
Image Image
KlausNW
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby RKittine » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:04 pm

Don is a great guy to deal with.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:01 pm

Klaus, tell Don you learned about his business offering on seaplaneforum.com Maybe he'll pay royalties and we can finally buy that DC3 on floats!

:lol:
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby RKittine » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:33 pm

In all seriousness though, it would be good to let Don know that there are plenty of Small Continental Engine users on this site. My intention was to help other "-8" Continental owners and not to promote Don. He did not ask me to do it, nor to I get anything out of it, but it is, what I believe is another helpful piece of information.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:02 pm

There has been lots of information on this website that has helped people find solutions to their issues, challenges and problems, and thats what its intended to be.

Always good to let peeps know that some small, forgotten, low budget discussion forum has helped get the word out. A lot more people reading than posting and even these guys can help keep the site open by letting those who get mentioned here know...

Posting same on Facebook will cause instant filtering so that only pregnant knitting housewives in Timbuktu see it, and that donate button here works even for non-members!

jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby RKittine » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:35 pm

I will reach out to Don and let him know that we are giving him press here. Maybe I can get him to at least make a donation if not advertise.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to Technical & Aircraft Talk, Building & Restoration