Member Support

• Advertisement

Gami injectors on IO-550

Technical Questions, Know How, Equipment, Tools......

Gami injectors on IO-550

Unread postby gear » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:20 pm

Just curious to know if anyone is running an IO550 on this forum with Gami injectors? I am new to the 550 this year and new to fuel injection and i recently installed the Gami injectors. When you purchase them, you submit your "Gami spread" and then they give you their matched injectors. I did that and started with a 1.5 gom spread and ended up with 1.2. They say they would like me to get .5 gph spread or less. My cylinder1 and 2 were still a little rich and so they are sending me new injectors for those cylinders.

Just wondering if anyone else has experience like this on this engine?

Thx.

Garth
gear
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Gami injectors on IO-550

Unread postby KlausNW » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:52 am

Most Air-Taxi operations are too cheap too invest in the Gami Injectors. I know that Continental and Lycoming have indorsed the use of Gami Injectors and have improved their OEM injectors because of Gami's results.

Many pilots like to improve their fuel economy by leaning Lean Of Peak (LOP). I don't like engines operated LOP because each cylinder is a different lean or rich mixture. If you're running Gami's the engine will not suffer as much from the problems that stem from LOP.
Klaus Marx - Piper Pacer Pilot
Juneau, AK & Wenatchee, WA . . . . . . Click on Link Bar to view the 'non-profit' group.
Image Image
KlausNW
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jwbaker » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:45 am

I had them on my Bonanza and they worked great. I could even run LOP but I preferred to go fast.

Jim
jwbaker
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby gear » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:23 am

I can get to 100 F lean of peak on some cylinders although at that point, I'm running way too much excess air and hence temperatures that are actually too cool for lead scavenging (I'm told)
gear
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby gear » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:34 pm

Well - I received 3 new injectors today. Doing some fine tuning on the cylinders. According to GAMI, I should really tighten up my temps after I get these installed.
gear
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to Technical & Aircraft Talk, Building & Restoration