Member Support

• Advertisement
 photo NBAA-Banner_zps2dqnlcgt.jpg

Another BIG Seaplane News Story

Share global news about seaplanes here...

Another BIG Seaplane News Story

Unread postby KlausNW » Tue May 10, 2016 2:45 pm

Seaplane damaged upon landing in Masset

http://www.thenorthernview.com/news/378820261.html

This story should be a major headline around the world.......

One of Inland Air Charter's aircraft received a damaged water rudder upon landing in Masset on Monday morning.

A Facebook post by the company outlines the extent of the situation's severity, which included no injured passengers or staff.

The post explains that with westerly winds and tides, the plane's pilot had trouble getting the aircraft to the harbour and the company requested assistance from Coast Guard and RCMP.

The passengers were removed and the aircraft subsequently towed to the harbour.

"At no time was anyone in danger, passenger safety is always our utmost priority. Our many thanks to the RCMP and Coast Guard for their assistance," the company said in the post.
Klaus Marx - Piper Pacer Pilot
Juneau, AK & Wenatchee, WA . . . . . . Click on Link Bar to view the 'non-profit' group.
Image Image
KlausNW
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Another BIG Seaplane News Story

Unread postby skimmerone » Tue May 10, 2016 2:55 pm

It seems to me that in an area that is familiar with seaplanes, the press could stop making a mountain out of a mole hill. I would think the pilot who could not get into the harbor, would have called his home base which MUST have a boat to use rather than the pilot calling the Coast Guard AND RCMP. Looking for a big name for himself?
skimmerone
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Wed May 11, 2016 12:56 am

An apocalyptic event like a stuck or (even worse!) damaged water rudder is a significant issue that needs to be addressed by everyone!
Fortunately, seaplanes around the world are represented by an actively involved and aggressively responding advocacy organization and our industry is full of people who deeply care about our public relations and press problems. All is well. Very well.

So lets not downplay a legitimate news report that outlines the dangers involved in seaplanes and float planes.
This is serious stuff and people could have been hurt. I wonder if a flight plan was filed and if the pilot was able to deal with the severity of this significant event. Does anyone know if a flight plan was filed? What if no flight plan was filed? We should find out if a flight plan was filed!

Only airplanes with a filed flight plan can operate safely. The press always acts with everyone's safety in mind.
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby Stevesbrother » Wed May 11, 2016 11:04 am

obiviously this company would benefit from a 333 page SMS ( safety management system) manual with dual safety officers, monthly meeting and a special panel to study the migration possibilities for water rudder lose. Of course the panel will recommend a laser monitoring system with Bluetooth and GPS capabilities with a 5000.00 Lithium batterypack all mandated by Tuesday at noon. 24 news ! That's a lot of time to fill and we have to make it exciting and dramatic. " there's little truth in the news ....and less news in the truth".
"Still dreaming and hoping to die young at heart with a bar room story that will close the place"
Stevesbrother
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby KlausNW » Wed May 11, 2016 2:20 pm

We haven't heard from any Inland Air people because they are still in " Grief Counseling". Everybody who where witness to the broken water rudder are suffering from deep deep emotional scars. Even the Coast Guard and RCMP can only handle so much trauma.

I'm just hoping the Pilot will be able to fly again someday after such an experience. Life will never be the same.
Klaus Marx - Piper Pacer Pilot
Juneau, AK & Wenatchee, WA . . . . . . Click on Link Bar to view the 'non-profit' group.
Image Image
KlausNW
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Stevesbrother » Wed May 11, 2016 4:18 pm

I'm selling. 510 " NEVER FORGET" T SHIRTS AND BUMPER STICKERS all profits go to those in rehab!
"Still dreaming and hoping to die young at heart with a bar room story that will close the place"
Stevesbrother
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Wed May 11, 2016 5:13 pm

Correction: 10% of the profits from Carls shirt sale go to Seaplaneforum.com which is a federally certified & accredited rehab facility!

You may also donate to the "Stuck Water Rudder Foundation Fund" which is hosted by Seaplaneforum.com

:?
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby Stevesbrother » Wed May 11, 2016 8:13 pm

Sorry Jason. You are correct ! I got excited having been traumatized by just reading the story.
Stevesbrother
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Thu May 12, 2016 12:00 am

Understandable. Nobody here will blame you. Would you like some grief counseling or just regular psycho-therapy?
I heard that long walks on the beach can help a lot! I have availability next week and other therapists may be able to help.
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby Stevesbrother » Thu May 12, 2016 8:59 am

I just can't get it out of my mind...... Every time I close my eyes...... There's the article right in front of me
Stevesbrother
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Thu May 12, 2016 4:28 pm

Most feel better after just dancing and singing their feelings while clapping to the imaginary music of their own imaginary superstar movie.
This poor pilot will suffer deep distress for a long time and we ought to support him to the best of our abilities. Lets just sing!

:flying:
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby TriPacer » Thu May 19, 2016 1:12 pm

In other news - "Man Eats Big Lunch, Feels a Little Tired After!"
TriPacer
Owner Of The Force
From Minnesota, where men strangle bears and children fly helicopters!
TriPacer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to Seaplanes and Aviation in the News & Media