Member Support

My Cessna TTx went Poof!

Share global news about seaplanes here...

My Cessna TTx went Poof!

Unread postby jjbaker » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:02 am

Just tried to put my new $ 812.000 Cessna TTx into my shopping cart and couldn't find it on the Cessna Website!!!

:shock:

Now what?

https://www.flyingmag.com/textron-aviat ... production
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Re: My Cessna TTx went Poof!

Unread postby RKittine » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:54 am

As you know the VP of Sales, for Caravan and all singles, is based at my home airport in Warwick. Steve had also been over Jet sale for a while, but liked the singles. He had a TT as a company Plane (along with his company provided BMW) but even he did not really like many of the features. We did have one on the field as one of his demos for sometime just like when he had a C-160 here, which he also did not like. All has changed and now poor Steve just has a C-206 on Amphibs (He owns his own C-182 on Amphibs too, and a Grand Caravan. I can understand with only 31 planes made in a full year, that Cessna wants to focus elsewhere.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:11 pm

I found this aircraft to be very nice to fly and easy to handle. Great experience flying it for nearly 45 minutes in San Diego while attending a Cessna Pilot Center training event. It was still called the Corvalis at that time.
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby RKittine » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:27 pm

I liked it in the air, but not so much when taxing. I am sure that Glenn can find you a "Slightly Used" one on Barnstormers for way less than $812,000 and would probably even ferry it to you. Back in 80's I ferried a plane from Florida to Germany via the Northern route. Was both frightening and exhilarating. 890 miles over open water was a little bizarre, especially with 4 of the seats having been taken out and replaced, by a now regulated auxiliary fuel bladder. I was still a smoker than too.
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby KlausNW » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:31 pm

Cessna like every other manufacture are having trouble finding qualified personnel. They have to get the most out of the ones they have. It's hard to find employees that want to build composite aircraft. You have to dress up in hazmat smocks everyday. Besides Textron probably has a couple big UAV contracts that need filled.
Klaus Marx - Piper Pacer Pilot
Juneau, AK & Wenatchee, WA . . . . . . Click on Link Bar to view the 'non-profit' group.
Image Image
KlausNW
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:39 pm

Well, I now have to find a way to spend all that spare change, pronto.
Wish I had ordered it when they had the 2% off during Black Eye day. I mean... Black Friday!
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby RKittine » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:19 pm

Steve will get you more than 2% off on a left over model.
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:28 am

I don't want a "leftover" model and I certainly don't want Glenn ferrying it for me. He'd probably cross the atlantic ocean at such a low altitude that there's dolphin guts and whale crap all over the plane, by the time he gets here.
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby RKittine » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:15 am

Picky Picky
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Return to Seaplanes and Aviation in the News & Media