Member Support

• Advertisement

Registration/ General Policy On Seaplaneforum.com

Please familiarize yourself with our current rules and terms of service.

Registration/ General Policy On Seaplaneforum.com

Unread postby jjbaker » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:51 am

Registration Procedure

Due to a tremendous rise in fraudulent registrations on seaplaneforum.com, my policy on new member registrations is updated.

Do Not Register If You Do Not Intend To Post

• Please be aware that your registration is subject to clicking on the link in the verification email prior to account activation.
  • Kindly note that inactive profiles are subject to deletion within reasonable time.
  • Only supporting members may post in our public sales section.

Your verification email will look like this:

Subject: Welcome to Seaplaneforum.com

Please keep this e-mail for your records. Your account information is as
follows:

----------------------------
Username: ________________

Board URL: http://seaplaneforum.com
----------------------------

Please visit the following link in order to activate your account:

Your password has been securely stored in our database and cannot be
retrieved. In the event that it is forgotten, you will be able to reset it
using the email address associated with your account.

Thank you for registering.
Seaplaneforum.com
Administrator

This is an automated email and you will receive it from seaplaneforum@gmail.com.

New Members:

Please note that your registration does not entitle you to post freely on the forum right away. Due to the posting of SPAM and the posting of messages containing only links, your first few posts are subject to approval prior to appearing on the forum. Count on posts to be disapproved and deleted if they contain nothing but links or grandstanding. New members initially have no access to our Private Message system, to avoid unwanted solicitation of our members.

Username Policy & Passwords

Desired are aviation related usernames or real names. I am about the most lenient person on this subject, as people can remember their desired username best. If you forget your username, contact me from the email address you provided during registration and I will attempt to find it for you. If your email address has changed, provide the email you used to register. I generally understand that forgetting login details is frustrating, but, again, please bear in mind that the person you are asking for help is not your employee. While I work hard to help quickly, I cannot post on your behalf nor am I able to drop everything I am doing, to help you. My first obligation is to serve supporting ($$) members of the site, they keep it afloat and participate.

Company & Corporate Usernames

If you intend to sign up with a corporate name or company name, website name or domain name, contact me prior to continuing. If you wish to learn how to become a sponsoring advertiser, contact seaplaneforum@gmail.com. My rates are very affordable compared to other sites and magazines.

User Privacy

This forum uses cookies to make your user experience here easier. This enables the board to show you new topics since your last visit, remember your password or log you in automatically. Effectively, your computer stores these cookies, and once you enter the site, the website will communicate with those cookies to do its job properly. We also use Google Analytics, which allows us to count visits. No personal information is collected from this website, nor does this website employ spyware or other gimmicks to find out who you are, where you are from or what you are searching for, while not on this website. Logically, if you visit the forum through a search engine such as Google, Bing, Yahoo or else, Google will know about it and it may story an array of information about you or your web activity. Please refer to any such sites privacy policy to see what information they collect.

Seaplaneforum.com does not collect, sell, rent or make otherwise available any user details, names, email addresses or locations, nor will I respond to any requests asking for any information about the forum user. We do offer advertising services, but I will not enter into agreements with advertisers to provide any sort of leads, emails or details about my user base. All advertising is managed INHOUSE. You will not ever see pop ups, nor will you be bombarded with mail or emails. I do reserve the right to contact my user base and ask for support, notify about fundraisers or offer items for sale. I also reserve the right to remove, edit or make unavailable - any content which violates the rules of advertising and etiquette - and I will do so without feeling obligated to explain my actions.

Privileges Of Moderators

The primary role of moderators is to help members and monitor content for advertising as well as tone and demeanor on this forum. Moderators may move, but will not remove any content and are not required to explain these actions to members. Should members violate ant terms or rules on this forum, the content is moved and possibly discussed prior to membership action being taken. seaplaneforum@gmail.com is your point of contact for concerns and complaints.

Questions & Concerns, Legal Inquiries:

Seaplaneforum.com
    C/O: Jason J. Baker
    Müggenburg 27
    17392 Neuenkirchen
    Germany

Happy Flying & Have Fun!

[Last Update: 12/12/2015 -jjb]
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Re: Registration Policy On Seaplaneforum.com

Unread postby jjbaker » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:27 pm

RE: Anti SPAM Email Verifications:

If you are trying to register to this forum and provide an email address that requires this forum to auhenticate, please do not bother to register.

Emails such as this:

I apologize for this automatic reply to your email.

To control spam, I now allow incoming messages only from senders I have approved beforehand.

If you would like to be added to my list of approved senders, please fill out the short request form (see link below). Once I approve you, I will receive your original message in my inbox. You do not need to resend your message. I apologize for this one-time inconvenience.

Click the link below to fill out the request: Blah Blah Link To Something

... are not registered by our software.

IOW: you will not receive your welcome and verification email from the forum, hence your profile remains inactive.

If you wish to register with an email which requires your approval, please add seaplaneforum@gmail.com to your list of approved senders before registering.

Staff and volunteer administrators/ moderators will not respond to such messages, nor will anyone authenticate the forum as a valid sender of emails.

Thanks!

[Updated: 1/1/2013 -- JJB]
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Re: Registration/ General Policy On Seaplaneforum.com

Unread postby jjbaker » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:25 pm

Reminder/ Bump: If you can't log in (exceeded maximum amount of attempted logins) and you can't figure out how to get it going, write me a email.
I cannot possibly help you if you don't tell me that there are issues. If I don't help you within 24 hours of asking for help, you can fire me on the spot.

seaplaneforum@gmail.com <-- This email is ALWAYS monitored.
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Re: Registration/ General Policy On Seaplaneforum.com

Unread postby jjbaker » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:05 am

Change to Registration Procedure, effective 12/12/2015.
Some updates to Newly Registered Members Privileges, effective 12/12/2015.

See above.

Questions/ Complaints/ Concerns: seaplaneforum@gmail.com
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Return to How To/ Rules/ Terms Of Service/ Member Conduct