Member Support

Slap Economy Plus at Delta Airlines

Everything aviation & seaplane related as well as personal subjects...

Slap Economy Plus at Delta Airlines

Unread postby jjbaker » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:13 am

Howdy Folks,

I will leave it to the expert audience to comment on this era of Airline Slap, Drag and Beatup Service Plus, we get to witness these days...

:stink: :stink: :stink: :horsy: :friendsforever:

Holy Sh!t!
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Re: Slap Economy Plus at Delta Airlines

Unread postby RKittine » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:51 am

Like Ex-Wives, sometimes people JUST DON'T LISTEN!
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby KlausNW » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:19 pm

The price of airline tickets has gradually gone down. Obviously, they have hit a low enough price that the "Bus Stop" crowd are using the airports. From what I've read in some media reports (take that for what it's worth) the government is subsidizing these "under privileged" transportation to visit each other.

When the media gets on a topic and wants to flex their influence muscles to change the world, they attack, that's just what they do. :twisted:
Klaus Marx - Piper Pacer Pilot
Juneau, AK & Wenatchee, WA . . . . . . Click on Link Bar to view the 'non-profit' group.
Image Image
KlausNW
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby RKittine » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:00 pm

In my opinion, the deregulation of airlines in 78 was the start of the downfall, When I was flying Part 121, we could fly a 727 on $.23 gallon kerosene with the plane empty and break even on the mail we carried under contract. In the late 60s, a round trip coach ticket NY to Chicago was $695.00. $80.00 more for First Class and men boarded with suits on and women with dresses and hose and heals. Everyone else took the train (also screwed by deregulation) and Greg Hound. No $49.00 fares. And I made a lot more money than people starting a decade later under "B" Scale wages.

It was Pre-Aides and "Sport F%@K&" were still in vogue.

With everything going on in the country and the world, I am somewhat glad that my life is winding down.

Bob
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby KlausNW » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:24 pm

Slapping unruly passengers is not that unusual....

Klaus Marx - Piper Pacer Pilot
Juneau, AK & Wenatchee, WA . . . . . . Click on Link Bar to view the 'non-profit' group.
Image Image
KlausNW
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Thu May 04, 2017 2:59 am

Rarely in life is there an opportunity to see absolute and utter incompetence in action like this:

"You know you are having a bad day when the people lecturing you on customer service are members of U.S. congress."

Probably the deepest sentence in this dog and pony show.

The video may be regarded as a ginormous waste of time to most, but it is a shining example of all the reasons to fight against ATC privatization.

If you had these clowns (Airline CEO's) run a desert, there would be a shortage of sand within weeks.

Mr. Munoz ought to step down immediately. I have not ever heard anyone answer every other question with:

"I haven't been in the industry long enough to answer this question..."

18 months at the helm of United Airlines and unable to answer simple questions. Any baggage handler would have been fired.
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Unread postby KeithSmith » Mon May 08, 2017 12:45 am

jjbaker wrote:Mr. Munoz ought to step down immediately. I have not ever heard anyone answer every other question with:

"I haven't been in the industry long enough to answer this question..."

18 months at the helm of United Airlines and unable to answer simple questions. Any baggage handler would have been fired.

He knew the answer and he could have answered the questions honestly and correctly. However starting your testimony before Congress by saying "If you slimy scumballs who never held a real job in your life knew the first thing about anything besides how to sell America down the river in trade for feathering your own nest you would know .............. (insert rest of answer here)" has negative repercussions from the phonies conducting the hearings. So, he did what was best for the shareholders and everyone who works for the airline.
KeithSmith
Silver Wings Member
Silver Wings Member

Return to General Discussion