Member Support

Seaplanemagazine.com Online Newsletter

Everything aviation & seaplane related as well as personal subjects...

Seaplanemagazine.com Online Newsletter

Unread postby jjbaker » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:51 am

E-MAIL Newsletters are always a challenge.

Unless you're a private individual who bombards people who never signed up for anything with stuff they don't care to read, getting a healthy list of people reached by email requires an act of God.

Either signing up doesn't work or delivery doesn't work and Allah help you if you ever violate anyone's privacy or forget a disclaimer!

Solved. I chucked (conveniently lost) the 350 or so addresses we had collected and replaced our newsletter with an online version.

Caution, it contains some out of the ordinary truth as the pay to play game our industry plays is quite a bummer. We'll continue this path, it appears to be the right one.

http://seaplanemagazine.com/member-newsletter/

Comments are (like always) not appreciated and those who'd rather see us close shop and start a knitting blog may note the following: :lol:
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Re: Seaplanemagazine.com Online Newsletter

Unread postby RKittine » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:50 am

Nicely put on the Magazine.
SUPPORTING MEMBER

Bob
West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. New York, New York - East Hampton, New York & Warwick, New York 631.374.9652
rkittine@aol.com WA2YDV
RKittine
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby KlausNW » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:40 am

I like the online newsletter. My E-mail is like most everyone's e-mail.......... full.

I think the 'delete' button is getting worn out.
Klaus Marx - Piper Pacer Pilot
Juneau, AK & Wenatchee, WA . . . . . . Click on Link Bar to view the 'non-profit' group.
Image Image
KlausNW
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby cubdriver2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:01 pm

What type of knitting?

Glenn
cubdriver2
Platinum Wings Member
Platinum Wings Member

Unread postby KlausNW » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:03 pm

Jason, if you start knitting now you could sell all your forum participants hats by this fall.

Most of the pilots left need hats to keep their heads warm. Knit some SeaplaneMagazine.com hats.

:anonymous:
Klaus Marx - Piper Pacer Pilot
Juneau, AK & Wenatchee, WA . . . . . . Click on Link Bar to view the 'non-profit' group.
Image Image
KlausNW
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby jjbaker » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:10 am

Thanks for the positive feedback, Bob & Klaus.

I barely have time to read any of the emails I get these days and am unsubscribing from 95% of the stuff I receive.

If it's from associations, it's usually just begging for money or more of someone patting themselves on the back for being general aviations next savior superstar.

At the end of the day it's always about making money, so I am strategically erasing things from my life that don't either benefit my business or contribute to the bottom line.

So far the mix between the magazine and the consulting work pays the bills and that is the only and sole reason I do it.

I'll leave the knitting to those who feed the sheep and in return get a cheap buy in on the wool. All of the 3-4 letter alphabet soup groups do a good job at this, no need for me to waste my time.

:lol:
jjbaker
Owner/ Admin
Owner/ Admin

Return to General Discussion