Member Support

• Advertisement

Caravan floats

Technical Questions, Know How, Equipment, Tools......

Caravan floats

Unread postby Mikey » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:30 pm

Hi.
I know this isn't quite the place for it- but I'm trying to help out someone ive never meet yet get the deal of the century!
If this post needs shifting please do.

I have a spare parts business next door to me who has purchased several shipping containers of aircraft spare parts from a business that's gone broke. Amongst all the parts are a set of Wipline 8000 floats. - ex a Cessna caravan I think.
The floats look like they have just been overhauled but I haven't seen all the u/c gear that's been removed yet.
They guy is open to offers for them and they will go for an absolute steal.
They are "down under in New Zealand" but they will never sell here.
I'm happy to box them up for someone and get them in a shopping container for you.
Pass the word around - as I say if someone makes an offer they will get them for s fraction of what try are really worth.

Rgds
Mike Scotter
Mikey
Active Member Wings
Active Member Wings

Re: Caravan floats

Unread postby KlausNW » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:58 am

http://www.wipaire.com/wipline-floats/8000.php

There is a couple Caravan and Otter operators here in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska that would be interested if they could have a better idea of the cost delivered. If you could estimate the boxing and shipping price that would help.

The Asian countries have been getting more active in the float flying business also.
Klaus Marx - Piper Pacer Pilot
Juneau, AK & Wenatchee, WA . . . . . . Click on Link Bar to view the 'non-profit' group.
Image Image
KlausNW
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Unread postby Mikey » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:22 pm

Hi.
Need to have a better idea of where they are going. But you'd get them all boxed up here for a couple of grand and I guess if they went in there own shipping container you'd get them to the US/CAN for around 5k- less if you combined shipping (not there own container).
My Aerocets only cost $3500 from factory to here.

But in all honesty the shipping cost is a bit of a small fish, they are open to offerers for the floats , heck what normally would a set of 2nd hand Wipline 8000's go for? I'd offer 1/2 that or less!

If you get anyone seriously interested we can make contact and I can Skype/you tube them and show them what's on offer.
I'm not making anything out of it, but if we set up a sale via this forum I'll look after the forum people.
Mike
Mikey
Active Member Wings
Active Member Wings

Unread postby Paul Jackson » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:37 am

Mikey check your PM's and get back to me on Caravan floats.

PJJ
Paul Jackson
Active Member Wings
Active Member Wings

Return to Technical & Aircraft Talk, Building & Restoration